Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Oversized drop bar, 48-50cm wide?

Started by James Thomson · · Last activity · 4 posts · 843 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
7 June 2006
Last activity
7 June 2006
Original author
James Thomson
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
843
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm looking for a drop bar with a 31.8mm clamp, 48-50cm wide, classic or
    ergo bend, flattish top, medium drop, no flare. Does anyone make such a
    thing?

    James Thomson

  2. James Thomson said:

    I'm looking for a drop bar with a 31.8mm clamp, 48-50cm wide, classic or
    ergo bend, flattish top, medium drop, no flare. Does anyone make such a
    thing?

    The Nitto Noodle is available in 48cm. Someone else may know of a
    50cm road bar, but I've never run across a reference to one that's
    commercially available. (I'm sure that such a beast has been made;
    the number of things that have been tried on bikes is far larger than
    the number of things that are possible to get.)
    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
    Some gardening required to reply via email.
    Words processed in a facility that contains nuts.

  3. James Thomson said:

    I'm looking for a drop bar with a 31.8mm clamp, 48-50cm wide, classic or
    ergo bend, flattish top, medium drop, no flare. Does anyone make such a
    thing?

    James Thomson

    <http://www.rivbike.com/webalog/handlebars_stems_tape/16111.html>
    I too like the noodle bar. If you don't, you could generate lots of
    bids for one on e-bay.
    Larry

  4. Werehatrack <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    James Thomson said:

    I'm looking for a drop bar with a 31.8mm clamp, 48-50cm wide, classic or
    ergo bend, flattish top, medium drop, no flare. Does anyone make such a
    thing?

    The Nitto Noodle is available in 48cm. Someone else may know of a
    50cm road bar, but I've never run across a reference to one that's
    commercially available. (I'm sure that such a beast has been made;
    the number of things that have been tried on bikes is far larger than
    the number of things that are possible to get.)

    The Noodle only comes in a 26mm clamp. I like my 46cm Noodles enough to say
    "get a new stem."

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.