Oversized drop bar, 48-50cm wide?

James Thomson

Guest
I'm looking for a drop bar with a 31.8mm clamp, 48-50cm wide, classic or
ergo bend, flattish top, medium drop, no flare. Does anyone make such a
thing?

James Thomson

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 12:45:35 +0200, "James Thomson"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm looking for a drop bar with a 31.8mm clamp, 48-50cm wide, classic or
>ergo bend, flattish top, medium drop, no flare. Does anyone make such a
>thing?

The Nitto Noodle is available in 48cm. Someone else may know of a
50cm road bar, but I've never run across a reference to one that's
commercially available. (I'm sure that such a beast has been made;
the number of things that have been tried on bikes is far larger than
the number of things that are possible to get.)
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

James Thomson wrote:
> I'm looking for a drop bar with a 31.8mm clamp, 48-50cm wide, classic or
> ergo bend, flattish top, medium drop, no flare. Does anyone make such a
> thing?
>
> James Thomson

<http://www.rivbike.com/webalog/handlebars_stems_tape/16111.html>
I too like the noodle bar. If you don't, you could generate lots of
bids for one on e-bay.
Larry

Werehatrack <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 12:45:35 +0200, "James Thomson"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I'm looking for a drop bar with a 31.8mm clamp, 48-50cm wide, classic or
>>ergo bend, flattish top, medium drop, no flare. Does anyone make such a
>>thing?

> The Nitto Noodle is available in 48cm. Someone else may know of a
> 50cm road bar, but I've never run across a reference to one that's
> commercially available. (I'm sure that such a beast has been made;
> the number of things that have been tried on bikes is far larger than
> the number of things that are possible to get.)

The Noodle only comes in a 26mm clamp. I like my 46cm Noodles enough to say
"get a new stem."