Overtake bus or not in Melbourne?

pivoxa15

Jun 20, 2007
In Melbourne, when riding on roads with a bus is it recommanded to overtake the bus when it stops for passengers or wait behind it?

pivoxa15 said:
In Melbourne, when riding on roads with a bus is it recommanded to overtake the bus when it stops for passengers or wait behind it?
Overtake it immediately on the right hand side. Then take the lane in front of the bus and commence trackstand. Watch out for buses though. They are a bunch of *****es. Truckies generally are good blokes who know how to handle a large vehicle and are appropriately trained. It would appear you can pick up your licence to drive a bus from your local 7-11 in Melbourne.

existence said:
Overtake it immediately on the right hand side. Then take the lane in front of the bus and commence trackstand.
LOL!
existence said:
Truckies generally are good blokes who know how to handle a large vehicle and are appropriately trained.
Must be a different species here in Sydney. I had a waste paper truck jump left without looking from the middle lane into my path in the Transit Lane on Wednesday and I only just managed to squeeze past on the left and avoid ending up in the hopper bin at the back. Then they tailgated me. :mad: Buses are much more predictable where I live.