Overtraining prediction from "Stress index" in Cyclingpeaks

cat6

Jun 2, 2004
Andrew , I guess I'm trying to decide whether to go with Sunnto t6 or powertap.
In your opinion can "stress exersize index" be safely used as "overtraining" indicator and if yes at which levels?

With t6- it is simple if it goes to zone 4.5 or 5 one need to take next 1.5 days "easy" how about your index?

thank you for your answer

cat6 said:
Andrew , I guess I'm trying to decide whether to go with Sunnto t6 or powertap.
In your opinion can "stress exersize index" be safely used as "overtraining" indicator and if yes at which levels?

With t6- it is simple if it goes to zone 4.5 or 5 one need to take next 1.5 days "easy" how about your index?

thank you for your answer
Is the sunnto t6 an actual power meter or is it a power estimator?

<edit>: I just looked it up. How can you compare a Power Meter with a Heart Rate Monitor...even an expensive one?</edit>

Since everyone is a little different, how does it know your level of tolerable stress vs. my level of tolerable stress?

Jim

otb4evr said:
<edit>: I just looked it up. How can you compare a Power Meter with a Heart Rate Monitor...even an expensive one?</edit>

Jim
I entirely agree. It's just a heart rate monitor with some software that tries to incorporate training stress. i.e. really not very useful when compared to a true power meter.

-Eric

otb4evr said:
Is the sunnto t6 an actual power meter or is it a power estimator?
Just like an iBike is an estimator. But people don't seem to understand that (or don't want to understand that) when I tell them.

Steve_B said:
Just like an iBike is an estimator. But people don't seem to understand that (or don't want to understand that) when I tell them.

of course they are in two different categories, one is a power meter another one is a HRM with EPOC calculation.

EPOC calculatin shows you when you need to take 1 or 2 easy days, based on EPOC calculations, so my question for Andrew was if "stress index" in cyclingpeaks can predict that a well.

cat6 said:
of course they are in two different categories, one is a power meter another one is a HRM with EPOC calculation.

EPOC calculatin shows you when you need to take 1 or 2 easy days, based on EPOC calculations, so my question for Andrew was if "stress index" in cyclingpeaks can predict that a well.
I understand. I was just rambling. And I would argue that the iBike isn't a power meter, it's a power estimator.

cat6 said:

Yes, it can, if you know how to read the graphs, of course [this information is all freely available].

-Eric

cat6 said:

Is there any science behind EPOC?