Ow! Ubbgre!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Just zis Guy, you know?, Jun 7, 2004.

  1. Riding home in glorious Sunshine[tm] (imported from Foregn Climes,
    must of been) and noticed a slight slackness in the steering, so I
    checked the headset and found it slightly loose.

    Method for checking headset:

    - park bike on propstand
    - stand straddling boom of bike, facing back of bike, keeping legs
    clear of mucky chainy bits
    - clamp wheel between feet
    - wiggle steerer from side to side
    - plant leg on Incredibly Hot Disc Rotor
    - swear immoderately
    - tighten headset
    - ride on.

    Owowowowow!

    Guy
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

  2. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

    > Owowowowow!

    You shouldn't brake so much and then it wouldn't have been hot ;-)

    Tony

  3. Andy Hewitt

    Andy Hewitt Guest

    Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Riding home in glorious Sunshine[tm] (imported from Foregn Climes,
    > must of been) and noticed a slight slackness in the steering, so I
    > checked the headset and found it slightly loose.
    >
    > Method for checking headset:
    >
    > - park bike on propstand
    > - stand straddling boom of bike, facing back of bike, keeping legs
    > clear of mucky chainy bits
    > - clamp wheel between feet
    > - wiggle steerer from side to side
    > - plant leg on Incredibly Hot Disc Rotor
    > - swear immoderately

    <snigger> knowing how you swear, I'm surprised I didn't hear it at work
    today ;-)

    I've done similar when looking at a customers car, they'll be showing me
    their obviously siezed brake, and of course I'll go and stick my hand on
    the shiny chrome wheel nuts......

    --
    Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS
    Honda Concerto 16v: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)