Ow! Ubbgre!

Just Zis Guy

Guest
Riding home in glorious Sunshine[tm] (imported from Foregn
Climes, must of been) and noticed a slight slackness in
the steering, so I checked the headset and found it
slightly loose.

Method for checking headset:

- park bike on propstand
- stand straddling boom of bike, facing back of bike,
keeping legs clear of mucky chainy bits
- clamp wheel between feet
- wiggle steerer from side to side
- plant leg on Incredibly Hot Disc Rotor
- swear immoderately
- tighten headset
- ride on.

Owowowowow!

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

> Owowowowow!

You shouldn't brake so much and then it wouldn't have
been hot ;-)

Tony

Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:

> Riding home in glorious Sunshine[tm] (imported from Foregn
> Climes, must of been) and noticed a slight slackness in
> the steering, so I checked the headset and found it
> slightly loose.
>
> Method for checking headset:
>
> - park bike on propstand
> - stand straddling boom of bike, facing back of bike,
> keeping legs clear of mucky chainy bits
> - clamp wheel between feet
> - wiggle steerer from side to side
> - plant leg on Incredibly Hot Disc Rotor
> - swear immoderately

<snigger> knowing how you swear, I'm surprised I didn't hear
it at work today ;-)

I've done similar when looking at a customers car, they'll
be showing me their obviously siezed brake, and of course
I'll go and stick my hand on the shiny chrome wheel
nuts......

--
Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS Honda
Concerto 16v: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)