Ow!

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Mikael Seierup, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Did y'all know that lowracers can give you icecream headaches? At least without a tailbox in slushy
    conditions. Damn wheel kept spraying icy water in my neck. Luckily my tailbox should be on its way
    to me soon.

/Mikael

Tags:

2. Also, they inject all road water and dirt directly into your lungs from the front wheel. Is there no
    end to our woe.

I may start wearing a dust mask when I ride off road. ha ha :)

Mikael Seierup wrote:

> Did y'all know that lowracers can give you icecream headaches? At least without a tailbox in
    > slushy conditions. Damn wheel kept spraying icy water in my neck. Luckily my tailbox should be on
    > its way to me soon.
    >
    > /Mikael
    >
    >

--
    Outlaw power steering

See some Bikes At:

http://home.earthlink.net/~wm.patterson/index.html

Class and Helicopter

http://www.calpoly.edu/~wpatters/

Reply to [email protected]

3. "Bill Patterson" skrev...
    > Also, they inject all road water and dirt directly into your lungs from the front wheel. Is there
    > no end to our woe.

Actually the VK2 has the front wheel close enough to the frame to avoid spray which is nice.

I did ride my TE-clone without fenders when going to a hillclimb contest in Sweden and it was
    lovely. First the front wheel would toss water in your face and half a second later there would be a
    splash in your neck from the rear wheel.

/Mikael

4. "Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Did y'all know that lowracers can give you icecream headaches? At least without a tailbox in
    > slushy conditions. Damn wheel kept spraying icy water in my neck. Luckily my tailbox should be on
    > its way to me soon.

Reminds me of last thursday - headwind and snow right in my eyes. And then I managed to tilt the
    Acrofobia in Leitra's driveway - not due to the snow, but at the curly descent, the foot-to-ground
    ratio became too much even for
    Me. Off course the spectator was Halfdan in his dry, tiltsafe Leitra. GRR!

Where's the spring?

Torben

5. "Torben Scheel" skrev

> Reminds me of last thursday - headwind and snow right in my eyes. And then I managed to tilt the
    > Acrofobia in Leitra's driveway - not due to the snow, but at the curly descent, the foot-to-ground
    > ratio became too much even for
    > Me. Off course the spectator was Halfdan in his dry, tiltsafe Leitra. GRR!
    >
    > Where's the spring?

Actually its not too shabby today. Windy but I just rode without gloves with no ill effects and
    enjoyed the sunshine. 14C in the sun and 7C out of it. Me like.

/M