Oxfam Challenge in Vietnam and Cambodia?

Ben_Murphy

Jul 2, 2007
I recently heard about this charity cycling tour offered by Oxfam Australia called the Oxfam Challenge. It runs for two weeks in Vietnam and Cambodia near the end of the year and I've heard from a couple of people its a really great experience. Has anyone done this trip before or heard a bit about it, and could tell me more about what it was like?

Theres a website with some background info- http://www.oxfam.org.au/challenge

Cheers!

I spent six months travelling in Vietnam and Cambodia - They are both stunningly beautiful and interesting countries, and if I had the opportunity to ride thorugh them I would jump at it.
Very different to one another - Vietnam is bigger (1000k north to south) and much more developed. Saigon and Hanoi are amazing cities with a hell of a lot to see and do. Cambodia is a more 'hardcore' destination but more satisfying to explaore in my opinion. Still suffering from the privations of Pol Pot's massacres and with a crumbling infrastructure and still covered in landmines - if you want a **** DO NOT LEAVE THE ROAD. Don't let that put you off though - people there are amazing, as is Angkor Watt the temple there in the jungle which is pretty mindblowing.
In short - go for it.