Oxford, England bike for hire

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Ben, May 21, 2003.

  1. Ben

    Ben New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2003
    I will be in Oxford from mid-July through the end of August. I would like to hire (rent) a bike while I'm there. Can anyone recommend a shop? Of course, I'd prefer a bent, but I know that's not likely to be available.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    Ben

    Tags:

  2. Ben wrote:

    > I will be in Oxford from mid-July through the end of August. I would like to hire (rent) a bike
    > while I'm there. Can anyone recommend a shop? Of course, I'd prefer a bent, but I know that's not
    > likely to be available.

    http://tinyurl.com/cdr0 Oxford is, alas, something of a black hole as regards recumbent dealers.

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  3. Mads Hilberg

    Mads Hilberg Guest

    > http://tinyurl.com/cdr0 Oxford is, alas, something of a black hole as regards recumbent dealers.

    Warlands have an HP Velotechnik Wavey demo bike as I recall. Whether they will let anyone hire it is
    another question.

    Warlands 63 Botley Rd GB-OX2 OBS Oxford Phone: 01865-241336 (national), (+44) 1865-241336
    (international)

    Mads

  4. Peter Sheaf

    Peter Sheaf Guest

    > http://tinyurl.com/cdr0 Oxford is, alas, something of a black hole as regards recumbent dealers.

    Actually, you may have some luck with Warlands on Botley Road - they stock HPVelotechnik Spirits and
    have a demonstrator, so perhaps you'll be able to hire one from them. Their contact details are:

    63 Botley Rd OX2 OBS Oxford

    Phone: +44 (0)1865-241336

    email: [email protected]

    Good luck!

    Peter

  5. Ben

    Ben New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2003
    Many, many thanks! Warlands it is. I just emailed them and will let you know what they say.

    By the way, other than Amsterdam, I've never seen so many bikes as in Oxford. When you leave the train station, the bicycle parking lot looks like a sea of bikes. But, as you've said, I've never seen a recumbent in Oxford.

    Thanks again,
    Ben