Oxford, England bike for hire

Ben

New Member
Mar 13, 2003
I will be in Oxford from mid-July through the end of August. I would like to hire (rent) a bike while I'm there. Can anyone recommend a shop? Of course, I'd prefer a bent, but I know that's not likely to be available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Ben

http://tinyurl.com/cdr0 Oxford is, alas, something of a black hole as regards recumbent dealers.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

> http://tinyurl.com/cdr0 Oxford is, alas, something of a black hole as regards recumbent dealers.

Warlands have an HP Velotechnik Wavey demo bike as I recall. Whether they will let anyone hire it is
another question.

Warlands 63 Botley Rd GB-OX2 OBS Oxford Phone: 01865-241336 (national), (+44) 1865-241336
(international)

Mads

> http://tinyurl.com/cdr0 Oxford is, alas, something of a black hole as regards recumbent dealers.

Actually, you may have some luck with Warlands on Botley Road - they stock HPVelotechnik Spirits and
have a demonstrator, so perhaps you'll be able to hire one from them. Their contact details are:

63 Botley Rd OX2 OBS Oxford

Phone: +44 (0)1865-241336

email: [email protected]

Good luck!

Peter

Many, many thanks! Warlands it is. I just emailed them and will let you know what they say.

By the way, other than Amsterdam, I've never seen so many bikes as in Oxford. When you leave the train station, the bicycle parking lot looks like a sea of bikes. But, as you've said, I've never seen a recumbent in Oxford.

Thanks again,
Ben