OYB national family roadtrip finally launches!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jeff Potter, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. Jeff Potter

    Jeff Potter Guest

    If you see a green minivan with weird stickers on the road between Michigan and California in the
    next month, honk or wave or something.

    Yeah, we're finally bustin loose and headin west for a month. Me, wife and two little kids. Bags,
    tent, cooler...bikes. In a couple days we should be on our way. Yeehaw!

    --

    Jeff Potter
    ****

    Tags:

  2. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    "Jeff Potter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > If you see a green minivan with weird stickers

    Don't forget the orange safety flag.

    on the road between
    > Michigan and California in the next month, honk or wave or something.
    >
    > Yeah, we're finally bustin loose and headin west for a month. Me, wife and two little kids. Bags,
    > tent, cooler...bikes. In a couple days we should be on our way. Yeehaw!
    >
    > --
    >
    > Jeff Potter
    > ****
    > *Out Your Backdoor * http://www.outyourbackdoor.com for modern folkways and culture revival...
    > ...offering "small world" views on bikes, bows, books, movies... ...new books featuring: XC ski
    > culture, a Gulf Coast thriller folding bicycles ... with radical novels coming up! ...original
    > downloadable music ... and articles galore! plus national "Off the Beaten Path" travel forums!
    > HOLY SMOKES!

  3. Better hit Nathan's neck of the woods and take him out for a boulder tossing, wood curling
    workout Jeff.

    JK

    "Jeff Potter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > If you see a green minivan with weird stickers on the road between Michigan and California in the
    > next month, honk or wave or something.
    >
    > Yeah, we're finally bustin loose and headin west for a month. Me, wife and two little kids. Bags,
    > tent, cooler...bikes. In a couple days we should be on our way. Yeehaw!
    >
    > --
    >
    > Jeff Potter
    > ****
    > *Out Your Backdoor * http://www.outyourbackdoor.com for modern folkways and culture revival...
    > ...offering "small world" views on bikes, bows, books, movies... ...new books featuring: XC ski
    > culture, a Gulf Coast thriller folding bicycles ... with radical novels coming up! ...original
    > downloadable music ... and articles galore! plus national "Off the Beaten Path" travel forums!
    > HOLY SMOKES!

    ---

  4. Geedub

    Geedub Guest

    "Jeff Kalember" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Better hit Nathan's neck of the woods and take him out for a boulder tossing, wood curling
    > workout Jeff.
    >
    > JK

    I think we suffering enough out here in CO with all this heat, a visit from the JP family would only
    maginify our levels of discomfort. Best just keep rolling west on I-80.

    Gee Dub Lakewood, CO

  5. "Jeff Potter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > If you see a green minivan with weird stickers on the road between Michigan and California in the
    > next month, honk or wave or something.
    >
    > Yeah, we're finally bustin loose and headin west for a month. Me, wife and two little kids. Bags,
    > tent, cooler...bikes. In a couple days we should be on our way. Yeehaw!

    Damn. This'll be a good excuse to take a vacation back East.

  6. Bret Wade

    Bret Wade Guest

    GeeDub wrote:
    > "Jeff Kalember" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>Better hit Nathan's neck of the woods and take him out for a boulder tossing, wood curling
    >>workout Jeff.
    >>
    >>JK
    >

    > I think we suffering enough out here in CO with all this heat, a visit from the JP family would
    > only maginify our levels of discomfort. Best just keep rolling west on I-80.
    >
    > Gee Dub Lakewood, CO

    You Lakewoodies are harsh. I say he's welcome in CO as long as I don't wake up to find him camping
    out my back door.

    Bret in Boulder

  7. We have a lot of freshly downed trees from the 7-foot snowstorm, so Jeff, if you're in the
    neighborhood, give me a call and we'll hike into the forest and throw some things around. I bet
    you'll kick my ass. I haven't been doing much real work lately, although I did spend a few
    afternoons helping my dad clear deadfall in the woods around his house.

    I had a job as a lumberjack for a summer in Sweden, so maybe it will come back to me quickly.
    It's been too hot here lately to do much except train early in the day and complain about the
    heat. A few days ago we did double-pole intervals up one of the canyons nearby and it was 83F at
    6:45 AM with a nice hot wind blowing down in our faces. By the time we finished the workout it
    was 88, and that was at 7000 feet!

    -Nathan http://nsavage.com