p-38 wheels and tires

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Frank Hanan, Aug 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank Hanan

Frank Hanan New Member

Hello, I am a newbie to the forum but thought that this might be the appropriate place to gather info about my p-38 bent.I am presently riding with stock wheels on a xt version. In an effort to gain a bit mre speed I am considering a change to a better wheel and tire group, maybe even an aero. I have looked at some different types, namely Zipp( but they don't make a 406 ), I've checked Hed and Aerospoke. Of course I generally end up confusing my self and do nothing. Therefore If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
    Frank

Tags:

2. Tom Sherman

Tom Sherman Guest

Frank Hanan wrote:
    >
    > Hello, I am a newbie to the forum but thought that this might be the appropriate place to gather
    > info about my p-38 bent.I am presently riding with stock wheels on a xt version. In an effort to
    > gain a bit mre speed I am considering a change to a better wheel and tire group, maybe even an
    > aero. I have looked at some different types, namely Zipp( but they don't make a 406 ), I've
    > checked Hed and Aerospoke. Of course I generally end up confusing my self and do nothing.
    > Therefore If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Frank

You could consider adding wheel discs.

< http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/wheeldisk/wheeldisk.htm >

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)

3. Terrific website! Thanks!

--
    Gator Bob Siegel in Gainesville Florida "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >
    > Frank Hanan wrote:
    > >
    > > Hello, I am a newbie to the forum but thought that this might be the appropriate place to gather
    > > info about my p-38 bent.I am presently riding with stock wheels on a xt version. In an effort to
    > > gain a bit mre speed I am considering a change to a better wheel and tire group, maybe even an
    > > aero. I have looked at some different types, namely Zipp( but they don't make a 406 ), I've
    > > checked Hed and Aerospoke. Of course I generally end up confusing my self and do nothing.
    > > Therefore If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Frank
    >
    > You could consider adding wheel discs.
    >
    > < http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/wheeldisk/wheeldisk.htm >
    >
    > Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)

4. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Guest

Frank: if you've got the $$ go ahead and get the HEDs I bought a P-38 with HEDs already installed,
    and this is the fastest bike I have ridden configured this way.

Mark (I aint fast but the bike would be with a decent engine) Evans

"Frank Hanan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello, I am a newbie to the forum but thought that this might be the appropriate place to gather
    > info about my p-38 bent.I am presently riding with stock wheels on a xt version. In an effort to
    > gain a bit mre speed I am considering a change to a better wheel and tire group, maybe even an
    > aero. I have looked at some different types, namely Zipp( but they don't make a 406 ), I've
    > checked Hed and Aerospoke. Of course I generally end up confusing my self and do nothing.
    > Therefore If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Frank
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > >--------------------------<
    > Posted via cyclingforums.com http://www.cyclingforums.com

5. In article <[email protected]>, usenet- [email protected] says...

Recently I purchased a slightly used wheelset from the infamous Kelly Wayne Hill (see recumbent
    spam). The rims are Velocity and the hubs are Chris King. Though not Aero by any means, I find these
    very suitable for weekend jousts with the DF's. A noticable improvement over the stock.

--
    Cletus D. Lee Bacchetta Giro Lightning Voyager http://www.clee.org
    - Bellaire, TX USA -

6. Don

Don Guest

Frank, Try the Thracian wheelset from Velocity. http://www.velocityusa.com/

Check under Wheels>>>Road (not under recumbent which is just rims). They are much lighter than the
    wheels you mentioned and more affordable. Comes in a 559/406 combo. This is what I put on my Giro
    built up from a frame set.

Good luck, Don

7. Tom Sherman

Tom Sherman Guest

"Cletus D. Lee" wrote:
    >
    > Recently I purchased a slightly used wheelset from the infamous Kelly Wayne Hill (see recumbent
    > spam). The rims are Velocity and the hubs are Chris King. Though not Aero by any means, I find
    > these very suitable for weekend jousts with the DF's. A noticable improvement over the stock.

I hope he was not getting airborne with the wheels. < http://groups.google.com/groups?q=kelly+strat-
    us+group:alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent+group:alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent+group:alt.rec.bicycles.recumbe-
    nt+group:alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent+group:alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent+group:alt.rec.bicycles.recumbe-
    nt+group:alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent+group:alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent+group:alt.rec.bicycles.recumbe-
    nt&start=50&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent&safe=off&selm=89i4jf%24svh%241%40nn-
    rp1.deja.com&rnum=53
    >

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.