p-38 wheels and tires

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Frank Hanan, Aug 20, 2003.

  1. Frank Hanan

    Frank Hanan New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2003
    Hello, I am a newbie to the forum but thought that this might be the appropriate place to gather info about my p-38 bent.I am presently riding with stock wheels on a xt version. In an effort to gain a bit mre speed I am considering a change to a better wheel and tire group, maybe even an aero. I have looked at some different types, namely Zipp( but they don't make a 406 ), I've checked Hed and Aerospoke. Of course I generally end up confusing my self and do nothing. Therefore If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
    Frank

    Tags:

  2. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Frank Hanan wrote:

    > Hello, I am a newbie to the forum but thought that this might be the appropriate place to gather
    > info about my p-38 bent.I am presently riding with stock wheels on a xt version. In an effort to
    > gain a bit mre speed I am considering a change to a better wheel and tire group, maybe even an
    > aero. I have looked at some different types, namely Zipp( but they don't make a 406 ), I've
    > checked Hed and Aerospoke. Of course I generally end up confusing my self and do nothing.
    > Therefore If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Frank

    You could consider adding wheel discs.

    < http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/wheeldisk/wheeldisk.htm >

  3. Terrific website! Thanks!

    --
    Gator Bob Siegel in Gainesville Florida "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Frank Hanan wrote:
    > >
    > > Hello, I am a newbie to the forum but thought that this might be the appropriate place to gather
    > > info about my p-38 bent.I am presently riding with stock wheels on a xt version. In an effort to
    > > gain a bit mre speed I am considering a change to a better wheel and tire group, maybe even an
    > > aero. I have looked at some different types, namely Zipp( but they don't make a 406 ), I've
    > > checked Hed and Aerospoke. Of course I generally end up confusing my self and do nothing.
    > > Therefore If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Frank
    >
    > You could consider adding wheel discs.
    >
    > < http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/wheeldisk/wheeldisk.htm >
    >
    > Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)

  4. Mark Evans

    Mark Evans Guest

    Frank: if you've got the $$ go ahead and get the HEDs I bought a P-38 with HEDs already installed,
    and this is the fastest bike I have ridden configured this way.

    Mark (I aint fast but the bike would be with a decent engine) Evans

    "Frank Hanan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello, I am a newbie to the forum but thought that this might be the appropriate place to gather
    > info about my p-38 bent.I am presently riding with stock wheels on a xt version. In an effort to
    > gain a bit mre speed I am considering a change to a better wheel and tire group, maybe even an
    > aero. I have looked at some different types, namely Zipp( but they don't make a 406 ), I've
    > checked Hed and Aerospoke. Of course I generally end up confusing my self and do nothing.
    > Therefore If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Frank

  5. In article <[email protected]>, usenet- [email protected] says...
    > Hello, I am a newbie to the forum but thought that this might be the appropriate place to gather
    > info about my p-38 bent.I am presently riding with stock wheels on a xt version. In an effort to
    > gain a bit mre speed I am considering a change to a better wheel and tire group, maybe even an
    > aero. I have looked at some different types, namely Zipp( but they don't make a 406 ), I've
    > checked Hed and Aerospoke. Of course I generally end up confusing my self and do nothing.
    > Therefore If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Frank

    Recently I purchased a slightly used wheelset from the infamous Kelly Wayne Hill (see recumbent
    spam). The rims are Velocity and the hubs are Chris King. Though not Aero by any means, I find these
    very suitable for weekend jousts with the DF's. A noticable improvement over the stock.

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  6. Don

    Don Guest

    Frank, Try the Thracian wheelset from Velocity. http://www.velocityusa.com/

    Check under Wheels>>>Road (not under recumbent which is just rims). They are much lighter than the
    wheels you mentioned and more affordable. Comes in a 559/406 combo. This is what I put on my Giro
    built up from a frame set.

    Good luck, Don

  7. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    "Cletus D. Lee" wrote:

    > Recently I purchased a slightly used wheelset from the infamous Kelly Wayne Hill (see recumbent
    > spam). The rims are Velocity and the hubs are Chris King. Though not Aero by any means, I find
    > these very suitable for weekend jousts with the DF's. A noticable improvement over the stock.

    I hope he was not getting airborne with the wheels. < http://groups.google.com/groups?q=kelly+strat-
    us+group:alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent+group:alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent+group:alt.rec.bicycles.recumbe-
    nt+group:alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent+group:alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent+group:alt.rec.bicycles.recumbe-
    nt+group:alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent+group:alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent+group:alt.rec.bicycles.recumbe-
    nt&start=50&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent&safe=off&selm=89i4jf%24svh%241%40nn-
    rp1.deja.com&rnum=53