P-R: Who's gonna take it?

Bro Deal

Jun 26, 2006
The time has come to pick the winner of the big one. Race looks to be wide open with a lot of potential winners. I know Tommy D. is the overwhelming favorite, but it looks like he is skipping the race to do the even more prestigious Boulder-Roubaix. What you never heard of that one? Rest assured no one would trade a B-R win for a P-R win.

I think I will pick Hoste to finally shake off his curse and win.

well after GW you have to consider rodger hammond and marcus burghardt. rodger has the PR experience and marcus has the form.

as for others, i'll keep picking o'grady, just coz he's my fav rider......also tom, cancellara, ballen, gusev, hoste.

i'd love to see stu outsprint tom with burghardt 3rd but i think it will be hoste over hammond and ballen.

roll on sunday!!!

when eddy ruled said:
well after GW you have to consider rodger hammond and marcus burghardt. rodger has the PR experience and marcus has the form.

as for others, i'll keep picking o'grady, just coz he's my fav rider......also tom, cancellara, ballen, gusev, hoste.

i'd love to see stu outsprint tom with burghardt 3rd but i think it will be hoste over hammond and ballen.

roll on sunday!!!

Eisel

Hoste will find yet another way to lose.

DiabloScott said:
Eisel

Hoste will find yet another way to lose.

Apart from Hincapie I'd have to say Ballan again... he looked so strong last Sunday... and he's smart.....

QuickStep simply has to do something special after complete disaster in Flanders and GW.
Boonen is my choice 'cause this is his last chance to win a classic this year.

Hammond, and at least this time I have some justification for saying that!

I'm not sure if Burghardt has the head for this race. He could do a top five I reckon. Gusev, Ballan, and for homely reasons, Roger Hammond.

Head says Ballan, heart says Hoste....

Ballan won RVV with a stronger solo effort than the two T-Mobile lads that helped each other during the Ghent.

Anyone know where we can see a start list?

1. Cancellara 2. Boonen

Cancellara is going to time trial away again - if you noticed he was training during the tour of flanders when he pulled along that break group for about 15km

Boonen to take the sprint for 2nd.

wicklow200 said:
1. Cancellara 2. Boonen

Cancellara is going to time trial away again - if you noticed he was training during the tour of flanders when he pulled along that break group for about 15km

Boonen to take the sprint for 2nd.
The weather is supposed to be warm and dry. This will mean some really fast riding over the cobbles, and we could see some spills like on the descent of the Kemmel.

There are so many riders going strong (Ballan, O'Grady, Hoste, Cancellara, etc.) - but I'm really thinking that Quick-Step are smarting from their recent performances, and will be attempting to field a very very strong team. They will try to dictate the pace to put Boonen in front at Arenberg. If they are able to hold off CSC and Predictor Lotto, Boonen just might take it...

That being said, there are so many riders in top form right now... that it's likely to be a great fight, and an unpredictable race.

P-R is a tough one to call at the best of times.

Form suggests that Hoste, Cancellara, Hammond will be in contention.
Boonen will be all out to win at P-R.
I think a rider like Flecha could be in the shake up and possibly Rebellin too.

Pin of my collar : Boonen.

I say O'Grady because he really deserves it after being up there for the whole season and still no win.

Slightly off-topic, but: It seems like Eurosport won't cover the finale. According to the website, the live coverage ends at 15:30. The race ends at around five the earliest. Anyone know of a way to see the whole thing live? Travelling to the course is sadly not an option...

jonjungel said:
I say O'Grady because he really deserves it after being up there for the whole season and still no win.

Slightly off-topic, but: It seems like Eurosport won't cover the finale. According to the website, the live coverage ends at 15:30. The race ends at around five the earliest. Anyone know of a way to see the whole thing live? Travelling to the course is sadly not an option...

O'Grady has been going really well, I agree.

Another man who could be in the reckoning : Karsten Kroon.