Pa Bike Laws.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Tom The Great, Apr 29, 2006.

  1. Hi I'm new to biking in Pennsylvania, and sometimes I can't hit a
    trail, or even bike during the day. So I'll ride at night.

    I did a Google search for Pa bike laws and found somethings
    interesting about night riding...

    1. Front lamp required.
    2. Rear red reflector required.
    3. A rear lamp, can only be used in addition to the reflector, so I
    can't remove the rear reflector.

    But I'm confused by something, the law says amber reflectors on each
    side required. Does this mean amber wheel flectors?

    Thanks ahead of time.

    tom

    Tags:

  2. ray

    ray Guest

    Tom The Great wrote:
    > Hi I'm new to biking in Pennsylvania, and sometimes I can't hit a
    > trail, or even bike during the day. So I'll ride at night.
    >
    > I did a Google search for Pa bike laws and found somethings
    > interesting about night riding...
    >
    > 1. Front lamp required.
    > 2. Rear red reflector required.
    > 3. A rear lamp, can only be used in addition to the reflector, so I
    > can't remove the rear reflector.
    >
    > But I'm confused by something, the law says amber reflectors on each
    > side required. Does this mean amber wheel flectors?
    >
    > Thanks ahead of time.
    >
    > tom

    These regulations are pretty standard, and no-one seems to give the
    proverbial rat's ---- about any of them. If you want to ride at night,
    the reflectors are cheap enough and a good set of of lights is
    recommended, see you LBS for those. Basically it's self defence, and not
    giving the cagers the classic excuse of saying, `Oh, I didn't see you'.

  3. Light it up its the law your enjoy.