Pace RC31

> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> >>Actually, I do have forks (ooh, Judy, Judy),
> >

> > What ya gonna do, take out all the junk and weld 'em?!?!?!?
>
> Nah, I'll just keep 'em on till I get some nice rigids.

Ah seez(e)!

> >>The only thing I think I'm really looking for is a 32t ring. Might need a bottom headset cup
> >>too, but I'll have to double check.
> >

> > SS specific?
>
> Don't be silly, you don't get SS specific headsets. Cuh!
>
> :)

Anyhow, won't the cup *likely* need to be of the same make as the h/set to match/fit?

Shaun aRe - You know damned well I was talkin' 'bout that 32t ring.........

Shaun Rimmer wrote:

>>Don't be silly, you don't get SS specific headsets. Cuh!
>>
>>:)
>

> Anyhow, won't the cup *likely* need to be of the same make as the h/set to match/fit?

Yes and no. As long as the bearings and race match the cup they're in, it doesn't matter. My current
headset uses sealed needle bearings on the bottom, but a bog standard Tioga ball bearing upper unit.

However, IIRC, most standard bearing units use the same size cup on the bottom.

> Shaun aRe - You know damned well I was talkin' 'bout that 32t ring.........

I'm just going to run 8sp stuff.

> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> >>I'll probably go new with the frame, and SS specific too.
> >

> > Rub it in why dontcha..............
>
> Hehe. Well, I figure it's going to see a lot of use, so I might as well get something nice. It's
> only a little over 200 nicker too.

What frame you going with then?

> >>Smuggling :) I screwed up, basically. I had to install some expensive stuff in our Swiss office,
> >>and didn't fill out an import declaration when I took all the stuff down there. I'm so used to
> >>doing this sort of stuff in the EU that it hadn't crossed my mind. Got caught walking through
> >>the green channel with thousands-worth in equipment and customs were none too impressed. Orignal
> >>tax amount, then doubled for no declaration and then a comparable amount in fines.
> >>
> >>About 2000 CHF all in (~1000 GBP). I've managed to reclaim some of it from the $company, but
> >>they're not best pleased about forking out for something that was my mistake. Lives and
> >>learns, eh?
> >

> > will................
>
> Indeed it will. Seems obvious in hindsight, but I was so caught up in the work I had to do, I
> hadn't even considered it. Even when the customs guy was questioning me, it still didn't even
> cross my mind.

Heheheheheh.........

> > Shaun aRe - Can't believe you had the nerve to knock me for commenting
on
> > stupidity......heheheheheh! ',;~}~

We all haveum!

> Have a good weekend, I'm off for a spot of international rugger against Austria.

You too - I'm planning on making a few class touchdowns meself hackshirley ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

> bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > > Whywassupwidit?
> >
> > It's missing frame, forks and wheels. In most peoples eyes, these are considered essential parts
> > for a bike.
>
> Yeah, but moss peepz iz juss eejitz...............
>
> > Actually, I do have forks (ooh, Judy, Judy),
>
> What ya gonna do, take out all the junk and weld 'em?!?!?!?
>
> > and I'll convert my current wheels cos they're getting a bit old, so it's really just the
> > frame I
> need.
> >
> > > Shaun aRe - lemme know if there's any bits and bobs you need and I'll
> keep
> > > my eye out/take a look through my big red box.
> >
> > The only thing I think I'm really looking for is a 32t ring. Might need a bottom headset cup
> > too, but I'll have to double check.
>
> SS specific?
>
> Shaun aRe

In the words of Shaun, my news server sucks ass. This is the next post I can see after mine, and
theres a whole frickin' conversation gone on.... Who's making a singlespeed, Shaun ? Bomba? Me?
aarrgh. Whoever it is there is one for sale here that sounds good VFM:

<http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/read.php?f=5&i=47516&t=47516>

description -

medium size Fire-Mountain resprayed black after adding horizontal dropouts and it got blessed
with Explosif stickers. Project 2 forks (black) , Paul hubs (red), WTB Greaseguard headset (red),
Use post (red), Ritchey stem, LX V's, LX crank, Spec Body Geo seat, V8 pedals, Club roost bars,
Tioga XC tyres.

£250

spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > > It's missing frame, forks and wheels. In most peoples eyes, these are considered essential
> > > parts for a bike.
> >
> > Yeah, but moss peepz iz juss eejitz...............
> >
> > > Actually, I do have forks (ooh, Judy, Judy),
> >
> > What ya gonna do, take out all the junk and weld 'em?!?!?!?
> >
> > > and I'll convert my current wheels cos they're getting a bit old, so it's really just the
> > > frame I
> > need.

I'll
> > keep
> > >
> > > The only thing I think I'm really looking for is a 32t ring. Might
need
> > > a bottom headset cup too, but I'll have to double check.
> >
> > SS specific?
> >
> > Shaun aRe
> >

> In the words of Shaun, my news server sucks ass. This is the next post I
can
> see after mine, and theres a whole frickin' conversation gone on.... Who's making a singlespeed,
> Shaun ? Bomba? Me? aarrgh. Whoever it is there is
one
> for sale here that sounds good VFM:
>
> <http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/read.php?f=5&i=47516&t=47516>
>
> description -
>
> medium size Fire-Mountain resprayed black after adding horizontal dropouts and it got blessed with
> Explosif stickers. Project 2 forks (black) , Paul hubs (red), WTB Greaseguard headset (red), Use
> post (red), Ritchey stem, LX V's, LX crank, Spec Body Geo seat, V8 pedals, Club roost bars, Tioga
> XC tyres.
>
> £250

Fooooook that sounds nice!

It's Bomba building it BTW.

Shaun aRe

> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> >>Don't be silly, you don't get SS specific headsets. Cuh!
> >>
> >>:)
> >

> > Anyhow, won't the cup *likely* need to be of the same make as the h/set
> > match/fit?
>
> Yes and no. As long as the bearings and race match the cup they're in, it doesn't matter.

Aye - was thinking about that, and about any seal seatings involved (arf-arf!)...

> My current headset uses sealed needle bearings on the bottom, but a bog standard Tioga ball
> bearing upper unit.

Mine's needle lower ball and race upper - FSA Orbit jobby.

> However, IIRC, most standard bearing units use the same size cup on the bottom.

> > Shaun aRe - You know damned well I was talkin' 'bout that 32t
>
> I'm just going to run 8sp stuff.

Should be fine - I've been using an old and worn 9 sp FSA PowerPro middle ring - ground the teeth
off the big ring as a bash guard. Works fine, and actually looks pretty-ish.

Shaun aRe - Our Mr. Chequer is looking into helping me resurrect the old Steelie (good luck to him
and bless his thoughtfulness!).