Paddle suggestions

Mark P

Guest
I haven't used paddles since high school but pulling is a frequent
activity on my Master's team so I'm thinking of buying a pair. Any
suggestions on which make/model I should get? Thanks.

Mark P wrote:
> I haven't used paddles since high school but pulling is a frequent
> activity on my Master's team so I'm thinking of buying a pair. Any
> suggestions on which make/model I should get? Thanks.

I like these:

<http://mplx.com/hans>

Buy small ones.

I believe it's the Speedo line that are color coded by size. I
recommend the red ones.

There's a couple potential problems with larger ones. Some coach's
don't like them because they slow your pull down so much that you're
really fighting the muscle memory of your usual stroke too much. And
of course the big thing - they can be hard on shoulders. Something we
all want to avoid, especially us Master's types who are a bit more
fragile than our younger peers.

So for for hand speed and shoulder safety, I recommend relatively small
ones.

Eric