Pads For Road Cycling?

BikeBikeBikeBike said:
Grandma's always after me to wear more protection (on my bike guys, she's actually upset I use condoms.)
Might start... I have a full 661 setup, it's just go G damn hot too wear.
I know it might slow you down, but honestly downhill prospective gear is amazing.

Did you get that scary stuff with the plates? They don't look that hot actually, I think its mesh? with the plates attached to it?

How are you supposed to wear that stuff? Under t-shirts and shorts?

#MTB: You are gonna see alot of stuff on that Go Pro and not just accidents. :D It's probably something like that. I haven't examined the bike well yet. Except the gear ratio. I was going with 50*26 or something so I guess I was going with 30kmh or something.

The coffee is from the hospital's coffee shop. They let me go for a coffee after the first night. I wasn't in the ER, that's where I "checked in". :D They put me in Pre Surgery after or something.

#BobCohran Here patients wear what they like. Yes its pretty easy to get an infection in the hospital. :D

I think that protection is always good, we don't want to get hurt, so nothing like riding in safety.

MotownBikeBoy said:
They probably didn't want to move you around to undress you until they knew the extent of your back injury. That would be my guess.

The frappucinno (well, whatever kind of coffee drink that was) was what seemed out of place to me - ER room service over there?
I guess he's already in the recovery room and that drink obviously was brought by a companion or maybe the nurse that he had befriended. And yes, I'm also asking why he's still wearing the riding clothes. From what I know, hospitals would provide buttonless gowns to the patient before bringing him to the emergency room. Or maybe he had befriended the surgeon before the surgery. At any rate, we hope the guy fully recovers before his friendship with the nurse and the surgeon wears off.

It's pretty easy to get an infection in any hospital - procedures for cleaning etc aren't always followed / one time when I had a minor surgery I watched housekeeping come and wipe down the bathroom, floor etc with a cleaning towel - then she wiped down the bedside tray table and the telephone with the same unwashed towel - yuck

That's true, many times we go to hospitals to get cured and we return from there even worse, we need to watch out for that!

Sunflogun said:
That's true, many times we go to hospitals to get cured and we return from there even worse, we need to watch out for that!

Is there a reason you say "We" so much? :D

BobCochran said:
Hey Volnix, I hope you are feeling a lot better!

Bob
I do fanks. :) It's the double vision that's still persisting though. :(