paella question

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 19:23:57 -0500, Chris Shenton
<[email protected]> wrote:

> [email protected] (Christopher Green) writes:
>
> > There are nice Spanish sparkling wines you could serve:
> > Freixenet is a widely-distributed brand, and a couple
> > cases of their Carta Nevada or even Cordon Negro won't
> > break the bank.
>
> IMHO Freixenet used to be good when they first popped on
> to the market, but then they put their money into
> advertising and increased the price of the wine; the
> quality isn't as good as it used to be.
>
> I prefer the following; they're excellent values in
> sparklers: Segura Viudas, and Trocadero.

Hmmm. Sorry to hear that. I haven't tasted it in several
to a few years and recommended it today as per
Christopher's advise.

Chris Shenton <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Christopher Green) writes:
>
> > There are nice Spanish sparkling wines you could serve:
> > Freixenet is a widely-distributed brand, and a couple
> > cases of their Carta Nevada or even Cordon Negro won't
> > break the bank.
>
> IMHO Freixenet used to be good when they first popped on
> to the market, but then they put their money into
> advertising and increased the price of the wine; the
> quality isn't as good as it used to be.
>
> I prefer the following; they're excellent values in
> sparklers: Segura Viudas, and Trocadero.

Also fine recommendations. Note that these are all
inexpensive enough (unless you're in a state where wine is
heavily taxed) that buying a bottle of each for a taste test
would not be out of order.

--
Chris Green