Page wins elite worlds!!!

There you people go again with the smiley face stickers. Pro cycling
isn't 7th grade gym class. If you don't win, you lose. Anybody who is
happy with 10th place will never be a champion.

Don't you think it's a pretty selfish attitude to have whereby a rider
is "happy" just because he finished in some self-appraised 'decent
position.' Maybe Page's sponsors want him to only be happy with a win -
ever think of it from their perspective?

Take care,

Magilla

MagillaGorilla wrote:
> There you people go again with the smiley face stickers. Pro cycling
> isn't 7th grade gym class. If you don't win, you lose. Anybody who is
> happy with 10th place will never be a champion.
>
> Don't you think it's a pretty selfish attitude to have whereby a rider
> is "happy" just because he finished in some self-appraised 'decent
> position.' Maybe Page's sponsors want him to only be happy with a win -
> ever think of it from their perspective?
>
> Take care,
>
> Magilla
>

> Steve Georgiou wrote:
> > JP should be proud of his ride.
> > "MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/cross/2006/jan06/CXworlds06/?id=results/CXworlds064
> >
> >>...and then his alarm clock went off.
> >>
> >>Magilla

Then they need to hire him a better chemist. "Better living through
Chemistry"
Bill C

Bill C wrote:
> MagillaGorilla wrote:
> > There you people go again with the smiley face stickers. Pro cycling
> > isn't 7th grade gym class. If you don't win, you lose. Anybody who is
> > happy with 10th place will never be a champion.
> >
> > Don't you think it's a pretty selfish attitude to have whereby a rider
> > is "happy" just because he finished in some self-appraised 'decent
> > position.' Maybe Page's sponsors want him to only be happy with a win -
> > ever think of it from their perspective?
> >
> > Take care,
> >
> > Magilla
> >

> > Steve Georgiou wrote:
> > > JP should be proud of his ride.
> > > "MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > http://www.cyclingnews.com/cross/2006/jan06/CXworlds06/?id=results/CXworlds064

> Then they need to hire him a better chemist. "Better living through
> Chemistry"
> Bill C

But then if he had won, our Gorilla friend (who has returned
unfortunately) would have said, "Well, Nijs crashed out, so yeah it
wasn't the highest quality field that it could have been." No matter
what, you can't win with the Magilla.

Hey, how's Tyler doing by the way?

Tom wrote:
> Bill C wrote:
> > MagillaGorilla wrote:
> > > There you people go again with the smiley face stickers. Pro cycling
> > > isn't 7th grade gym class. If you don't win, you lose. Anybody who is
> > > happy with 10th place will never be a champion.
> > >
> > > Don't you think it's a pretty selfish attitude to have whereby a rider
> > > is "happy" just because he finished in some self-appraised 'decent
> > > position.' Maybe Page's sponsors want him to only be happy with a win -
> > > ever think of it from their perspective?
> > >
> > > Take care,
> > >
> > > Magilla

> > Then they need to hire him a better chemist. "Better living through
> > Chemistry"
> > Bill C

> But then if he had won, our Gorilla friend (who has returned
> unfortunately) would have said, "Well, Nijs crashed out, so yeah it
> wasn't the highest quality field that it could have been." No matter
> what, you can't win with the Magilla.
>
> Hey, how's Tyler doing by the way?

Haven't talked to anyone around him since this fall when he was
hopeful and concentrating on helping kids and people through his
foundation. I'm hoping he wins for a bunch of reasons.
Bill C

Yo Shitbird!!
If that was the case, all the lowlife D3 teams would fire everyone but the
winners!

On 1/29/06 12:08 PM, in article [email protected],

Steve wrote:
> Yo Shitbird!!
> If that was the case, all the lowlife D3 teams would fire everyone but the
> winners!

Wow -- and to think I was actually pleased when my paper was accepted to IEDM.
Now I realize, as it failed to win best paper, I'm a total loser, and should
quit.

Well, I'll have more time to ride, anyway.

Dan

In article <[email protected]>,
MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:

> Maybe Page's sponsors want him to only be happy with a win -
> ever think of it from their perspective?

Have you? Do you know what Page's sponsors want out of him, or are you just
speculating? Do you really think they call him up and say, "We only want you to
be happy with a win," or something similar? Sure, the sponsors always like a win
- it's the best possible thing for them. But they are also looking for time that
their name and logo is being exposed, and a guy riding in a group at the front
of the race is doing just that. There was another post that mentioned that he
was getting a lot of TV time during the race. That would certainly fulfill the
"exposure" end of the bargain.

--
tanx,
Howard

The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Not true - the guys on D3 teams who don't win have a specific function
in a race to help the guy on the team who does win.

You are aware that cycling is a team sport, right?

Page, however, is suppose to win the race. So he shouldn't be happy
with 10th.

Thanks,

Magilla

Steve wrote:

> Yo Shitbird!!
> If that was the case, all the lowlife D3 teams would fire everyone but the
> winners!
>

> On 1/29/06 12:08 PM, in article [email protected],
> "MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>There you people go again with the smiley face stickers. Pro cycling
>>isn't 7th grade gym class. If you don't win, you lose. Anybody who is
>>happy with 10th place will never be a champion.
>>
>>Don't you think it's a pretty selfish attitude to have whereby a rider
>>is "happy" just because he finished in some self-appraised 'decent
>>position.' Maybe Page's sponsors want him to only be happy with a win -
>>ever think of it from their perspective?
>>
>>Take care,
>>
>>Magilla
>>

>>Steve Georgiou wrote:
>>
>>>JP should be proud of his ride.
>>>"MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...
>>>

> http://www.cyclingnews.com/cross/2006/jan06/CXworlds06/?id=results/CXworlds06>>
> 4

Dude,

You don't even know that a cyclist goes slower around the turn in a
velodrome than on the straightaway.

How good could your paper be in light of your lack of knowledge about
basic concepts of physics?

Thanks,

Magilla

Howard Kveck wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>> Maybe Page's sponsors want him to only be happy with a win -
>>ever think of it from their perspective?

> Have you? Do you know what Page's sponsors want out of him, or are you just
> speculating? Do you really think they call him up and say, "We only want you to
> be happy with a win," or something similar? Sure, the sponsors always like a win
> - it's the best possible thing for them. But they are also looking for time that
> their name and logo is being exposed, and a guy riding in a group at the front
> of the race is doing just that. There was another post that mentioned that he
> was getting a lot of TV time during the race. That would certainly fulfill the
> "exposure" end of the bargain.

I talked to Page's sponsors. They said they prefered him to win rather
than get 10th.

Thanks,

Magilla

No,
Because on any given day or any given race someone will or could show
up who is faster than you or Lance or J.P.. Therefore one must race
the course or the race and only use the competition or other
competitors as a motivation to go faster. A true champion is not
someone who conquers the other competitors but someone who conquers the
race.

In article <[email protected]>,
MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:

> Howard Kveck wrote:
>
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
> >

> >> Maybe Page's sponsors want him to only be happy with a win -
> >>ever think of it from their perspective?

> > Have you? Do you know what Page's sponsors want out of him, or are you
> > just
> > speculating? Do you really think they call him up and say, "We only want
> > you to
> > be happy with a win," or something similar? Sure, the sponsors always like
> > a win
> > - it's the best possible thing for them. But they are also looking for time
> > that
> > their name and logo is being exposed, and a guy riding in a group at the
> > front
> > of the race is doing just that. There was another post that mentioned that
> > he
> > was getting a lot of TV time during the race. That would certainly fulfill
> > the
> > "exposure" end of the bargain.
> >

> I talked to Page's sponsors. They said they prefered him to win rather
> than get 10th.

Suuure you did. And then you woke up in a puddle.

--

MagillaGorilla wrote:
> Pro cycling
> isn't 7th grade gym class.

You chickenshits who didn't give a damn in 7th grade gym class used to
really **** me off. But you WERE a lot of fun to throw dodgeballs at.