Paging Carla A-G

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jack, Jan 30, 2004.

  1. Jack

    Jack Guest

    I noticed in your galleries pics of a mod and stock trials bike. I'm thinking of setting up a cheap
    cheap trials bike. (no hydros) I want to get one to improve my balancing skills for my regular
    riding and basic fooling around. What is easier to ride a mod or stock?

    Tags:

  2. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I noticed in your galleries pics of a mod and stock trials bike. I'm thinking of setting up a
    > cheap cheap trials bike. (no hydros) I want to get one to improve my balancing skills for my
    > regular riding and basic fooling around. What is easier to ride a mod or stock?

    I use a mod because I'm a smallish human being, its easier for me to pull certain manuevers with a
    bike that is lighter and smaller and only running 1 gear. I rode the stock for a while but I
    couldn't seem to be able to handle it quite as well as the mod. The stock is now officially Jim's
    bike, he can handle it better than I can. Each bike has its advantages/disadvantages, depending
    where you ride and your style of riding, but either way, trials is the definite way of improving
    your skills and gaining more confidence on the bike.

    Here's a little comparison:

    http://www.biketrials.com/tech/stockvsmod.shtml

    -CA-G using the new laptop to make this post...

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  3. Jack

    Jack Guest

    "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I noticed in your galleries pics of a mod and stock trials bike. I'm thinking of setting up a
    > > cheap cheap trials bike. (no hydros) I want
    > > get one to improve my balancing skills for my regular riding and basic fooling around. What is
    > > easier to ride a mod or stock?
    >
    > I use a mod because I'm a smallish human being, its easier for me to pull certain manuevers with a
    > bike that is lighter and smaller and only running
    1
    > gear. I rode the stock for a while but I couldn't seem to be able to
    handle
    > it quite as well as the mod. The stock is now officially Jim's bike, he
    can
    > handle it better than I can. Each bike has its advantages/disadvantages, depending where you ride
    > and your style of riding, but either way, trials
    is
    > the definite way of improving your skills and gaining more confidence on
    the
    > bike.
    >
    > Here's a little comparison:
    >
    > http://www.biketrials.com/tech/stockvsmod.shtml
    >
    > -CA-G using the new laptop to make this post...
    >
    > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

    Thanks!!!