Paging Carla A-G

Jack

Guest
I noticed in your galleries pics of a mod and stock trials bike. I'm thinking of setting up a cheap
cheap trials bike. (no hydros) I want to get one to improve my balancing skills for my regular
riding and basic fooling around. What is easier to ride a mod or stock?

"jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I noticed in your galleries pics of a mod and stock trials bike. I'm thinking of setting up a
> cheap cheap trials bike. (no hydros) I want to get one to improve my balancing skills for my
> regular riding and basic fooling around. What is easier to ride a mod or stock?

I use a mod because I'm a smallish human being, its easier for me to pull certain manuevers with a
bike that is lighter and smaller and only running 1 gear. I rode the stock for a while but I
couldn't seem to be able to handle it quite as well as the mod. The stock is now officially Jim's
bike, he can handle it better than I can. Each bike has its advantages/disadvantages, depending
where you ride and your style of riding, but either way, trials is the definite way of improving
your skills and gaining more confidence on the bike.

Here's a little comparison:

http://www.biketrials.com/tech/stockvsmod.shtml

-CA-G using the new laptop to make this post...

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

"Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > I noticed in your galleries pics of a mod and stock trials bike. I'm thinking of setting up a
> > cheap cheap trials bike. (no hydros) I want
> > get one to improve my balancing skills for my regular riding and basic fooling around. What is
> > easier to ride a mod or stock?
>
> I use a mod because I'm a smallish human being, its easier for me to pull certain manuevers with a
> bike that is lighter and smaller and only running
1
> gear. I rode the stock for a while but I couldn't seem to be able to
handle
> it quite as well as the mod. The stock is now officially Jim's bike, he
can
> handle it better than I can. Each bike has its advantages/disadvantages, depending where you ride
> and your style of riding, but either way, trials
is
> the definite way of improving your skills and gaining more confidence on
the
> bike.
>
> Here's a little comparison:
>
> http://www.biketrials.com/tech/stockvsmod.shtml
>
> -CA-G using the new laptop to make this post...
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Thanks!!!