UK and Europe · Public discussion

Paging Guy: Wikipedia icon for cycling

Started by Simon Brooke · · Last activity · 5 posts · 442 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
24 July 2006
Last activity
25 July 2006
Original author
Simon Brooke
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
442
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I was just looking up the Wikipedia page for Didi the Devil
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Didi_Senft

    and noticed at the bottom the following note:
    "This biographical article related to cycling is a stub. You can help
    Wikipedia by expanding it."
    Immediately to the left of the note is an icon, presumably representing
    cycling; it is an image of a helmet. I too am a Wikipedia editor in a
    very minor way; can you suggest how we act to get that icon changed?

    I've put a discussion item up here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal_talk:Cycling
    But I don't know how to go about editing the {{cyclingbio-stub}} macro,
    or finding what other macros use the same icon.

    --
    [email hidden] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/
    There's nae Gods, an there's precious few heroes
    but there's plenty on the dole in th Land o th Leal;
    And it's time now, tae sweep the future clear o
    th lies o a past that we know wis never real.

  2. Simon Brooke said:

    I was just looking up the Wikipedia page for Didi the Devil
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Didi_Senft

    and noticed at the bottom the following note:
    "This biographical article related to cycling is a stub. You can help
    Wikipedia by expanding it."
    Immediately to the left of the note is an icon, presumably representing
    cycling; it is an image of a helmet. I too am a Wikipedia editor in a
    very minor way; can you suggest how we act to get that icon changed?

    I've put a discussion item up here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal_talk:Cycling
    But I don't know how to go about editing the {{cyclingbio-stub}} macro,
    or finding what other macros use the same icon.


    Seems to have been changed to, of all things, a drawing of a person on a
    bicycle.
    mark

  3. On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 09:20:00 +0100, Simon Brooke
    <[email hidden]> said in
    <[email hidden]>:

    Quoted message said:

    Immediately to the left of the note is an icon, presumably representing
    cycling; it is an image of a helmet. I too am a Wikipedia editor in a
    very minor way; can you suggest how we act to get that icon changed?

    That's changed fairly recently then, I think. I'll look at
    {{template:Cycling-stub}}

    .....

    It's back to being a bike now

    Guy
    --
    May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    85% of helmet statistics are made up, 69% of them at CHS, Puget Sound

  4. "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 09:20:00 +0100, Simon Brooke
    <[email hidden]> said in
    <[email hidden]>:

    Quoted message said:

    Immediately to the left of the note is an icon, presumably representing
    cycling; it is an image of a helmet. I too am a Wikipedia editor in a
    very minor way; can you suggest how we act to get that icon changed?

    That's changed fairly recently then, I think. I'll look at
    {{template:Cycling-stub}}

    ....

    It's back to being a bike now

    Is there a record of who changed it?

  5. jtaylor said:

    "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 09:20:00 +0100, Simon Brooke
    <[email hidden]> said in
    <[email hidden]>:

    Quoted message said:

    Immediately to the left of the note is an icon, presumably representing
    cycling; it is an image of a helmet. I too am a Wikipedia editor in a
    very minor way; can you suggest how we act to get that icon changed?

    That's changed fairly recently then, I think. I'll look at
    {{template:Cycling-stub}}

    ....

    It's back to being a bike now

    Is there a record of who changed it?

    Edit the page and at the bottom there is a link to
    Template: Cyclingbio-stub.
    Click on that link and view history.

    User Mindfrieze added it on 4th July at 03:40.

    -Alex

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.