Paging Guy: Wikipedia icon for cycling

Simon Brooke

Guest
I was just looking up the Wikipedia page for Didi the Devil
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Didi_Senft

and noticed at the bottom the following note:
"This biographical article related to cycling is a stub. You can help
Wikipedia by expanding it."
Immediately to the left of the note is an icon, presumably representing
cycling; it is an image of a helmet. I too am a Wikipedia editor in a
very minor way; can you suggest how we act to get that icon changed?

I've put a discussion item up here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal_talk:Cycling
But I don't know how to go about editing the {{cyclingbio-stub}} macro,
or finding what other macros use the same icon.

There's nae Gods, an there's precious few heroes
but there's plenty on the dole in th Land o th Leal;
And it's time now, tae sweep the future clear o
th lies o a past that we know wis never real.

Simon Brooke wrote:
> I was just looking up the Wikipedia page for Didi the Devil
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Didi_Senft
>
> and noticed at the bottom the following note:
> "This biographical article related to cycling is a stub. You can help
> Wikipedia by expanding it."
> Immediately to the left of the note is an icon, presumably representing
> cycling; it is an image of a helmet. I too am a Wikipedia editor in a
> very minor way; can you suggest how we act to get that icon changed?
>
> I've put a discussion item up here:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal_talk:Cycling
> But I don't know how to go about editing the {{cyclingbio-stub}} macro,
> or finding what other macros use the same icon.

Seems to have been changed to, of all things, a drawing of a person on a
bicycle.
mark

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 09:20:00 +0100, Simon Brooke
<[email protected]> said in
<[email protected]>:

>Immediately to the left of the note is an icon, presumably representing
>cycling; it is an image of a helmet. I too am a Wikipedia editor in a
>very minor way; can you suggest how we act to get that icon changed?

That's changed fairly recently then, I think. I'll look at
{{template:Cycling-stub}}

It's back to being a bike now

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

news:p[email protected]...
> On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 09:20:00 +0100, Simon Brooke
> <[email protected]> said in
> <[email protected]>:
>
> >Immediately to the left of the note is an icon, presumably representing
> >cycling; it is an image of a helmet. I too am a Wikipedia editor in a
> >very minor way; can you suggest how we act to get that icon changed?

> That's changed fairly recently then, I think. I'll look at
> {{template:Cycling-stub}}

> It's back to being a bike now

Is there a record of who changed it?

jtaylor wrote:

> "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
> > On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 09:20:00 +0100, Simon Brooke
> > <[email protected]> said in
> > <[email protected]>:
> >
> > >Immediately to the left of the note is an icon, presumably representing
> > >cycling; it is an image of a helmet. I too am a Wikipedia editor in a
> > >very minor way; can you suggest how we act to get that icon changed?

> > That's changed fairly recently then, I think. I'll look at
> > {{template:Cycling-stub}}

> > It's back to being a bike now
> >

> Is there a record of who changed it?

Edit the page and at the bottom there is a link to
Template: Cyclingbio-stub.
Click on that link and view history.

User Mindfrieze added it on 4th July at 03:40.

-Alex