Paging our Shaun

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by taywood, Oct 25, 2004.

  1. taywood

    taywood Guest

    Tags:

  2. taywood

    taywood Guest

  3. "taywood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > If you're still with us some guys just posted nice pics of
    > your playground on Longridge Fell.
    >
    > http://www.bogtrotters.org/rides/2004/23oct/table.html?pic=0

    Nice, I recognise a few of those paths. Its obligatory to stop for a pic at
    the obelisk thing. I imagine it is a bit muddy at the moment..

    Steve.
    (nope I'm not Shaun but Longridge is fairly local to me and Shaun has shown
    me around a few times)

  4. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    "B i l l S o r n s o n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > taywood wrote:
    > > "taywood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > >> If you're still with us some guys just posted nice pics of
    > >> your playground on Longridge Fell.
    > >>
    > >> http://www.bogtrotters.org/rides/2004/23oct/table.html?pic=0

    > > Sorry Guys
    > > I should have said the pics were posted on
    > > http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/read.php?f=2&i=1397613&t=1397613

    > Hmmm. The first link was much more fruitful.
    >
    > Bill "no aspersions to those depicted" S.

    Am I confused?

    Andy Chequer

  5. Andy Chequer wrote:
    > "B i l l S o r n s o n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> taywood wrote:
    >>> "taywood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>> news:[email protected]

    >>> Sorry Guys
    >>> I should have said the pics were posted on
    >>> http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/read.php?f=2&i=1397613&t=1397613

    >> Hmmm. The first link was much more fruitful.
    >>
    >> Bill "no aspersions to those depicted" S.

    > Am I confused?

    Perhaps?

    Bill "wasn't calling pic models fruits (stretch for joke)" S.

  6. Shaun

    Shaun Guest

  7. Shaun

    Shaun Guest

    "spademan o---[) *"
    <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]

    > "taywood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > If you're still with us some guys just posted nice pics of
    > > your playground on Longridge Fell.
    > >
    > > http://www.bogtrotters.org/rides/2004/23oct/table.html?pic=0
    > >

    > Nice, I recognise a few of those paths. Its obligatory to stop for a pic

    at
    > the obelisk thing. I imagine it is a bit muddy at the moment..
    >
    > Steve.
    > (nope I'm not Shaun but Longridge is fairly local to me and Shaun has

    shown
    > me around a few times)

    I just E-mailed the guy (Simon) for a route description, as I don't
    recognise a lot of that, and it looks like a decent route...

    ',;~}~

    Shaun aRe

  8. "Shaun" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "spademan o---[) *"
    > <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > "taywood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > > > If you're still with us some guys just posted nice pics of
    > > > your playground on Longridge Fell.
    > > >
    > > > http://www.bogtrotters.org/rides/2004/23oct/table.html?pic=0
    > > >

    > > Nice, I recognise a few of those paths. Its obligatory to stop for a pic

    > at
    > > the obelisk thing. I imagine it is a bit muddy at the moment..
    > >
    > > Steve.
    > > (nope I'm not Shaun but Longridge is fairly local to me and Shaun has

    > shown
    > > me around a few times)

    > I just E-mailed the guy (Simon) for a route description, as I don't
    > recognise a lot of that, and it looks like a decent route...
    >
    > ',;~}~
    >
    > Shaun aRe

    heheh great, I notice its down as an easy route too lol!

    Steve.

  9. Shaun

    Shaun Guest

    "spademan o---[) *"
    <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]

    > "Shaun" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > "spademan o---[) *"
    > > <[email protected]> wrote in
    > > message news:[email protected]
    > > >
    > > > "taywood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]

    > > > Nice, I recognise a few of those paths. Its obligatory to stop for a

    pic
    > > at
    > > > the obelisk thing. I imagine it is a bit muddy at the moment..
    > > >
    > > > Steve.
    > > > (nope I'm not Shaun but Longridge is fairly local to me and Shaun has

    > > shown
    > > > me around a few times)

    > > I just E-mailed the guy (Simon) for a route description, as I don't
    > > recognise a lot of that, and it looks like a decent route...
    > >
    > > ',;~}~
    > >
    > > Shaun aRe

    > heheh great, I notice its down as an easy route too lol!

    Got route map, description, and an invite to night ride it on Weds. 3rd,
    heh...

    Well, I thanked him muchly for the route info, but begged off the night
    ride, explaining my lights were no good. However he has a spare set for just
    such occasions...however-however, he said he was unable to fix-up my back,
    so that's me off the hook!

    Let me know if you'd like a copy of the route map and description, and I'll
    send them to you (can you accept attachments at your work addy?)

    Shaun aRe - BTW, it's ~13.5 miles.

  10. "Shaun" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Got route map, description, and an invite to night ride it on Weds. 3rd,
    > heh...
    >
    > Well, I thanked him muchly for the route info, but begged off the night
    > ride, explaining my lights were no good. However he has a spare set for

    just
    > such occasions...however-however, he said he was unable to fix-up my back,
    > so that's me off the hook!
    >
    > Let me know if you'd like a copy of the route map and description, and

    I'll
    > send them to you (can you accept attachments at your work addy?)

    Nah you can show us the route when you come out for a ride in a couple of
    weeks. Hmm maybe you'd better email me then just in case...should be alright
    as long as its not very larg attachment.

    > Shaun aRe - BTW, it's ~13.5 miles.

    fair enough, I'm sure you can add a few miles on to that with bits you know.

    Steve.

  11. Shaun

    Shaun Guest

    "spademan o---[) *"
    <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]

    > "Shaun" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    > > Got route map, description, and an invite to night ride it on Weds. 3rd,
    > > heh...
    > >
    > > Well, I thanked him muchly for the route info, but begged off the night
    > > ride, explaining my lights were no good. However he has a spare set for

    > just
    > > such occasions...however-however, he said he was unable to fix-up my

    back,
    > > so that's me off the hook!
    > >
    > > Let me know if you'd like a copy of the route map and description, and

    > I'll
    > > send them to you (can you accept attachments at your work addy?)

    > Nah you can show us the route when you come out for a ride in a couple of
    > weeks. Hmm maybe you'd better email me then just in case...should be

    alright
    > as long as its not very larg attachment.

    OK!

    BTW - just FU my headset on the way home from work yesterday...made me very
    *angry ;-(

    > > Shaun aRe - BTW, it's ~13.5 miles.

    > fair enough, I'm sure you can add a few miles on to that with bits you

    know.

    More like "Hey - I know this bit already - lets cut this bit out..."...

    ',;~}~

    Shaun aRe - When I say angry, I mean I kicked a few things, cursed and
    swore, then I cried for an hour.

  12. "Shaun" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "spademan o---[) *"
    > <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > Nah you can show us the route when you come out for a ride in a couple

    of
    > > weeks. Hmm maybe you'd better email me then just in case...should be

    > alright
    > > as long as its not very larg attachment.

    > OK!
    >
    > BTW - just FU my headset on the way home from work yesterday...made me

    very
    > *angry ;-(
    >
    > > > Shaun aRe - BTW, it's ~13.5 miles.

    > > fair enough, I'm sure you can add a few miles on to that with bits you

    > know.
    >
    > More like "Hey - I know this bit already - lets cut this bit out..."...
    >
    > ',;~}~
    >
    > Shaun aRe - When I say angry, I mean I kicked a few things, cursed and
    > swore, then I cried for an hour.

    Glad you took it like a man Shaun. Which bits are FU'd exactly, might have
    some spares somewhere.

    Steve.

  13. Shaun

    Shaun Guest

    "spademan o---[) *"
    <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]

    > "Shaun" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > "spademan o---[) *"
    > > <[email protected]> wrote in
    > > message news:[email protected]
    > > >
    > > > Nah you can show us the route when you come out for a ride in a couple

    > of
    > > > weeks. Hmm maybe you'd better email me then just in case...should be

    > > alright
    > > > as long as its not very larg attachment.

    > > OK!
    > >
    > > BTW - just FU my headset on the way home from work yesterday...made me

    > very
    > > *angry ;-(

    > > > fair enough, I'm sure you can add a few miles on to that with bits you

    > > know.
    > >
    > > More like "Hey - I know this bit already - lets cut this bit out..."...
    > >
    > > ',;~}~
    > >
    > > Shaun aRe - When I say angry, I mean I kicked a few things, cursed and
    > > swore, then I cried for an hour.

    > Glad you took it like a man Shaun. Which bits are FU'd exactly, might have
    > some spares somewhere.

    Heheheh...

    Hmm, dunno for sure - haven't opened it up yet! Passing it over a fence,
    bars took a hefty upward blow, h/set now >cringe< grindy as fuck even after
    adjustment. Guessing the roller bearings are UFU. It's and FSA Orbit, been
    no trouble at all before this!

    Cheers,

    Shaun aRe off outa here now!