Paging: Penny and Gabrielle

Carla A-G

Guest
Remember that sticker that you 2 gave me when I was in McCall, ID..."this
bike is a pipe bomb"....?

http://www.stickergiant.com/page/sg/PROD/bicycle/mcs134

Well, when I got home, I put it on the top tube of my trackie/fixie bike.
Its been there ever since and proudly displayed...

Last Friday I was waiting in Albert's Pizza for my pie, and saw this news
article on CNN:

http://www.tampabays10.com/weird/weird_article.aspx?storyid=28030

I was bent over laughing so hard at the stupidity of the situation, then
remembered that I have the same sticker on my bike...then I started sweating
with the thought of a bomb squad blowing up my prized possession...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Carla A-G wrote:

> http://www.tampabays10.com/weird/weird_article.aspx?storyid=28030
>
> I was bent over laughing so hard at the stupidity of the situation, then
> remembered that I have the same sticker on my bike...then I started sweating
> with the thought of a bomb squad blowing up my prized possession...

That's my alma mater! Yup, I'm a Bobcat. The campus cops were always a
bit twitchy. Even back in the 80's. I remember standing outside the
dorm laundry room when one came up to me and tried to start something by
saying, "you were gonna touch my cruiser, weren't ya?" Being from the
East Coast, I had never even heard that term for a police car, and said
what's a cruiser? If my RA wasn't there to explain my lack of hick
vocabulary, I would have had a nice knock on the head from his club.

I never even went near his cruiser.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

[email protected] wrote:
> No Fun anymore I can't even ware some of my T shirts. I'm told I may
> afend someone. No more freedom of ex anymore.

My 'ex' wasn't free...and all I had LEFT was a t-shirt! LOL

Did you hear about that high school that just banned any "patriotic"
clothing because it's insulting to illegal immigrants attending the school?
Ridiculous, but true.

Bill "'Guest Students': PC-ness gone amuck" S.

Sorni wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>> No Fun anymore I can't even ware some of my T shirts. I'm told I may
>> afend someone. No more freedom of ex anymore.

> My 'ex' wasn't free...and all I had LEFT was a t-shirt! LOL
>
> Did you hear about that high school that just banned any "patriotic"
> clothing because it's insulting to illegal immigrants attending the
> school? Ridiculous, but true.
>
> Bill "'Guest Students': PC-ness gone amuck" S.

Let me guess: California somewhere.

small change wrote:
> Sorni wrote:
>> [email protected] wrote:
>>> No Fun anymore I can't even ware some of my T shirts. I'm told I may
>>> afend someone. No more freedom of ex anymore.

>> My 'ex' wasn't free...and all I had LEFT was a t-shirt! LOL
>>
>> Did you hear about that high school that just banned any "patriotic"
>> clothing because it's insulting to illegal immigrants attending the
>> school? Ridiculous, but true.
>>
>> Bill "'Guest Students': PC-ness gone amuck" S.

> Let me guess: California somewhere.

Got me to Google, and found
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4588152,00.html.

Not positive it's the same story I heard about, but at least it makes a
LITTLE sense given the tensions (which SHOULDN'T make any sense at all!)...

Sorni wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>
>>No Fun anymore I can't even ware some of my T shirts. I'm told I may
>>afend someone. No more freedom of ex anymore.

> My 'ex' wasn't free...and all I had LEFT was a t-shirt! LOL
>
> Did you hear about that high school that just banned any "patriotic"
> clothing because it's insulting to illegal immigrants attending the school?

Citation, please.

Greg
--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine

G.T. wrote:
> Sorni wrote:

>> Did you hear about that high school that just banned any "patriotic"
>> clothing because it's insulting to illegal immigrants attending the
>> school?

> Citation, please.

Already posted one (not positive it's the situation I heard about, but close
enough). Like I said in the other post, at least the link gives a /little/
perspective to it; not quite as B&W as I'd thought...

Sorni wrote:
> G.T. wrote:
>> Sorni wrote:

>>> Did you hear about that high school that just banned any "patriotic"
>>> clothing because it's insulting to illegal immigrants attending the
>>> school?

>> Citation, please.

> Already posted one (not positive it's the situation I heard about,
> but close enough). Like I said in the other post, at least the link
> gives a /little/ perspective to it; not quite as B&W as I'd thought...

UPDATE: same thing right here in Oceanside. No "patriotic" clothing or
expressions..."temporarily".

Bill "however, 'Hate America' stuff is perfectly acceptable, as always" S.

>>> Did you hear about that high school that just banned any "patriotic"
>>> clothing because it's insulting to illegal immigrants attending the
>>> school?

>> Citation, please.

> Already posted one (not positive it's the situation I heard about,
> but close enough). Like I said in the other post, at least the link
> gives a /little/ perspective to it; not quite as B&W as I'd thought...
>
> UPDATE: same thing right here in Oceanside. No "patriotic" clothing or
> expressions..."temporarily".
>
> Bill "however, 'Hate America' stuff is perfectly acceptable, as always" S.

Uh, the story from Colo. didn't mention anything about illegal
immigrants or insulting anyone. But it's still "close enough",
huh Bill?

Let me guess, you heard this from Limbaugh or Roger Hedgecock.

You really shouldn't take that wingnut talk radio seriously,
it's just shtick.

Marc (who???) wrote:

>>> Citation, please.

>> Already posted one (not positive it's the situation I heard about,
>> but close enough). Like I said in the other post, at least the link
>> gives a /little/ perspective to it; not quite as B&W as I'd
>> thought...
>>
>> UPDATE: same thing right here in Oceanside. No "patriotic"
>> clothing or expressions..."temporarily".
>>
>> Bill "however, 'Hate America' stuff is perfectly acceptable, as
>> always" S.

> Uh, the story from Colo. didn't mention anything about illegal
> immigrants or insulting anyone. But it's still "close enough",
> huh Bill?

I just re-read the article, "Marc" (whoever you are). It /does/ mention
immigration and inflamed tensions. I also said it's NOT as black & white as
I first thought (and might not even be the story I'd heard about) -- but
don't let that stop you from being a judgmental jerk, OK, "Marc"?

BTW, is Colorado 35% Hispanic like that HS student body? I find that
surprising. Surely there must be SOME connection to the current illegal
immigration debate?

Sorni wrote:

> >> Already posted one (not positive it's the situation I heard about,
> >> but close enough). Like I said in the other post, at least the link
> >> gives a /little/ perspective to it; not quite as B&W as I'd
> >> thought...
> >>
> >> UPDATE: same thing right here in Oceanside. No "patriotic"
> >> clothing or expressions..."temporarily".
> >>
> >> Bill "however, 'Hate America' stuff is perfectly acceptable, as
> >> always" S.

> > Uh, the story from Colo. didn't mention anything about illegal
> > immigrants or insulting anyone. But it's still "close enough",
> > huh Bill?

> I just re-read the article, "Marc" (whoever you are). It /does/ mention
> immigration and inflamed tensions. I also said it's NOT as black & white as
> I first thought (and might not even be the story I'd heard about) -- but
> don't let that stop you from being a judgmental jerk, OK, "Marc"?
>
> BTW, is Colorado 35% Hispanic like that HS student body? I find that
> surprising. Surely there must be SOME connection to the current illegal
> immigration debate?

Where's Mark Hickey when we need him?

JD

Those guys that are from south,north,west,and east of any US border
have more rights then guys that are born on this soil and we are paying
for it. And most of them don't pay tax. They also want to buy some of
my bikes cheap, 15 bucks. I tell them go buy a bike from Wally world
and get lost while your at it.

[email protected] wrote:
> Those guys that are from south,north,west,and east of any US border
> have more rights then guys that are born on this soil and we are paying
> for it. And most of them don't pay tax. They also want to buy some of
> my bikes cheap, 15 bucks. I tell them go buy a bike from Wally world
> and get lost while your at it.

You know they're only going to ride it on the sidewalk anyways. Maybe
j puddinhead can sell them his crapandflails?

JD

Sorni wrote:

> >> Already posted one (not positive it's the situation I heard about,
> >> but close enough). Like I said in the other post, at least the link
> >> gives a /little/ perspective to it; not quite as B&W as I'd
> >> thought...
> >>
> >> UPDATE: same thing right here in Oceanside. No "patriotic"
> >> clothing or expressions..."temporarily".
> >>
> >> Bill "however, 'Hate America' stuff is perfectly acceptable, as
> >> always" S.

> > Uh, the story from Colo. didn't mention anything about illegal
> > immigrants or insulting anyone. But it's still "close enough",
> > huh Bill?

> I just re-read the article, "Marc" (whoever you are).

Full-on GRS Jobst-worshipping at work right here.

Leave this identity BS in r.b.t where it belongs.

> It /does/ mention
> immigration and inflamed tensions. I also said it's NOT as black & white as
> I first thought (and might not even be the story I'd heard about) -- but
> don't let that stop you from being a judgmental jerk, OK, "Marc"?

LOL. Irony.

> BTW, is Colorado 35% Hispanic like that HS student body? I find that
> surprising. Surely there must be SOME connection to the current illegal
> immigration debate?

The connection to mountain biking is what? You bite on the hook so
easily - do you EVER let any political thread go by without throwing in
your half-baked opinions?

Take a big swig of Kool Aid so that you can foam properly at the mouth
when I write:

The volume of Illegals here in the U.S. Is *entirely* demand-driven.
Without folks who willingly subvert U.S. law to employ undocumented
workers, there would be very few illegals, because they couldn't find
work. But you and all the other Kool Aid drinkers seem to not want to
acknowledge (and fix) that. No, that would disrupt your heros' money
flow from the well-heeled and businesses that depend on illegal
immigrant labor.

Bite! Run! I'll keep paying out the line...

E.P.

Ed Pirrero wrote:
> Sorni wrote:

>> I just re-read the article, "Marc" (whoever you are).

> Full-on GRS Jobst-worshipping at work right here.
>
> Leave this identity BS in r.b.t where it belongs.

As usual, "Ed", you miss the point. This "Marc" person addressed me as if
we know each other; I have no clue who he is so I took issue with his
condescending tone.

Sorta like you! LOL

Ed Pirrero wrote:
> The connection to mountain biking is what? You bite on the hook so
> easily - do you EVER let any political thread go by without throwing
> in your half-baked opinions?

BTW, a /regular/ on here -- one Mr. Crazy -- wrote about the lack of freedom
of expression these days. I (also a regular around here) replied with an
example I'd just heard about. And then some guy named "Marc" -- and now you
(do you even own a mountain bike?) -- pipe in to attack me because I dared
to reply (FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION one might call it).

As you would smugly say, "Irony".

BS

Sorni wrote:
> Ed Pirrero wrote:
> > Sorni wrote:

> >> I just re-read the article, "Marc" (whoever you are).

> > Full-on GRS Jobst-worshipping at work right here.
> >
> > Leave this identity BS in r.b.t where it belongs.

> As usual, "Ed", you miss the point.

No, I get it just fine. You got your chops busted in rbt for using the
nym "Sorni." Then you decide to use your full name to deflect that
criticism. Then, mysteriously, you start with the name **** just like
Jobst does in rbt. Where before, you never did (archives are great.)

It's a stupid ploy when Jobst does it, and it doesn't get any brighter
here when you do it.

> This "Marc" person addressed me as if
> we know each other; I have no clue who he is so I took issue with his
> condescending tone.

Just like you do in every damn political thread that comes along.
Unless, of course, the poster agrees with your POV. Then you're not
nearly so shitty.

> Sorta like you! LOL

Yeah. God forbid anyone dish out the same **** you do. That wouldn't
be fair.

E.P.

Sorni wrote:
> Ed Pirrero wrote:
> > The connection to mountain biking is what? You bite on the hook so
> > easily - do you EVER let any political thread go by without throwing
> > in your half-baked opinions?

> BTW, a /regular/ on here -- one Mr. Crazy -- wrote about the lack of freedom
> of expression these days.

He's mistaken. Everybody is absolutely free to express themselves in
just about any manner they choose. That does not imply that unpopular
speech doesn't (or shouldn't) have consequences. How about doing it in
alt.politics? Prolly for the same reason Jobst does it in rbt - his
swill gets spooned out in front of a less-hostile crowd. Kinda the
cowards' way out.

> I (also a regular around here) replied with an
> example I'd just heard about.

Ah, yes - like being a "regular" means doodly to your hypersensitivity
to political issues. Good one.

> And then some guy named "Marc" -- and now you
> (do you even own a mountain bike?)

Yup. Three of 'em. I even ride them when the trails aren't wet. No
need for the GRS at this point. Nice attempt at a red herring, tho'.

> -- pipe in to attack me because I dared
> to reply (FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION one might call it).

Attack? LOL. Your panties are in a huge wad everytime anyone dares
mention something political in one of these groups. Dude, if you're
unable to take a little heat, maybe you should step away from the
kitchen.

Anyone with any kind of searching ability would find your name in every
effin' political thread, and even ones that start as non-political,
then go that way. That's no attack, it's just *fact*. And you go on
and on, never making any actual political point, just trading barbs, or
repeating some spin. Remember, a sharp tongue is not an indication of a
keen mind (irony noted, BTW.) I just report, and let others decide.

> As you would smugly say, "Irony".

You obviously need to grab a dictionary. And pull the hook out. ;)

E.P.

Ed Pirrero wrote:
> Sorni wrote:
>> Ed Pirrero wrote:

>>> Full-on GRS Jobst-worshipping at work right here.
>>>
>>> Leave this identity BS in r.b.t where it belongs.

>> As usual, "Ed", you miss the point.

> No, I get it just fine. You got your chops busted in rbt for using
> the nym "Sorni." Then you decide to use your full name to deflect
> that criticism. Then, mysteriously, you start with the name ****
> just like Jobst does in rbt. Where before, you never did (archives
> are great.)
>
> It's a stupid ploy when Jobst does it, and it doesn't get any brighter
> here when you do it.

Sigh. I'll type slowly.

My use of "Marc" in quotes wasn't because he's anonymous at all. It's
because he talked to me like I know him, and I don't. (It was about
familiarity not anonymity, since you like long words when short ones would
do.) But don't let that stop you from a pointless flame. (BTW, why did YOU
go from "E.P." and a bunch of other more-anonymous NNs to your "real" name
{some say it's not but I don't know or care}?