Pain around knees after rides

I think my days of heavy squatting are effectively over - unless I have surgery.
Since I took a few months off and then worked back to leg-presses, I've been fine. Leg-presses support the lower back and it's a reasonably gentle exercise with no real co-ordination needed.

closesupport said:
Have you ever tryed stepping up onto a box with the weights,

if you imagine, picking the squats from the squat frame as if you where about to do a squat, but instead of dropping your **** to squat, lift up your knee and step on a box that will support the weight, if you can get your leg to around 90 degrees or just less, step up onto it, and let your trailing leg follow then on stepping back down step off with your leading leg so that your trailing leg is now taking the weight. I used to do this as a warmup before leg workouts with around 2-300lbs, i found that this made my legs stronger so my squats and presses increased quite rapidly, i found that this increased the strength in my thighs and running felt a little easier when it was intergrated into my training regime.

But as for gorgeous ladies in skimpy licra, i don't think the wife would like that thought....... lol

Carrera said:
I think my days of heavy squatting are effectively over - unless I have surgery.
Since I took a few months off and then worked back to leg-presses, I've been fine. Leg-presses support the lower back and it's a reasonably gentle exercise with no real co-ordination needed.

I also find the leg press helpful. But one exercise I've also found helps the knee situation is doing leg extensions from 30 degrees below straight to straight. However I approach both of these exercises with non-aggressive amounts of weight.

These exercises might not make a person faster, but they sure help strengthen the areas that are often at the core of knee pain (ie, vastus medialis obliqus, etc).

It wouldn't surprise me if the pros work these exercises in for the sole purpose of injury reduction.

:p ;) HI anyone know about testostrone in woman. my doctor has never told me what it can do when it is elevated,and its caused all types of things in me from little pains,to bad,to weird things,please let me know,thanks.

from heather:)

I get a sharp burning pain on the outside of the knee when I kneel down on to a hard surface. It all started after a bike ride on windy condition. It does not hurt that severely when I ride but I can feel something is wrong. Has anybody experienced something similar???

Induray said:
I get a sharp burning pain on the outside of the knee when I kneel down on to a hard surface. It all started after a bike ride on windy condition. It does not hurt that severely when I ride but I can feel something is wrong. Has anybody experienced something similar???
Yeah, and it sucks. It's overuse IMHO. Pretty much everything I read about people experiencing knee problems and cycling has it's roots in overuse syndrom. I sort of overdid it the other day on a ride and my left knee hurt like a ****** on the outside for at least a day afterwards. Sometimes, no matter how well you get all your equipment fit up, you will experience some pain if you ride too hard.