pain at night

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Peteyjr, Mar 10, 2004.

  1. Peteyjr

    Peteyjr Guest

    Hi,

    after a myocarditis last July I still have pain. The pain
    wakes me up almost every morning around 3 to 4 am. My doctor
    does not detect the cause of my pain. My question is: could
    I have an oedema which causes the problem only in a longer
    laying position?? Also I trigger heart pain when I drink a
    lot of fluid (water). So I cut down my water intake. So the
    pain disappeared during the day but still appears at night
    as mentioned before. My age is 36. Before my myocarditis I
    was well trained. (endurance sport). What can I do besides
    ECG and ultra sound to get a sure diagnosis. Any help is
    well appreciated.

    Peter

    Tags:

  2. peteyjr wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > after a myocarditis last July I still have pain. The pain
    > wakes me up almost every morning around 3 to 4 am. My
    > doctor does not detect the cause of my pain. My question
    > is: could I have an oedema which causes the problem only
    > in a longer laying position?? Also I trigger heart pain
    > when I drink a lot of fluid (water). So I cut down my
    > water intake. So the pain disappeared during the day but
    > still appears at night as mentioned before. My age is 36.
    > Before my myocarditis I was well trained. (endurance
    > sport). What can I do besides ECG and ultra sound to get a
    > sure diagnosis. Any help is well appreciated.
    >
    > Peter

    Why the aversion for either an ECG or ultrasound
    (echocardiogram)?

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist

    **
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

    What is all this about?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?J2DB148A7

    Is this spam?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

  3. "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" schrieb:

    > peteyjr wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > after a myocarditis last July I still have pain. The
    > > pain wakes me up almost every morning around 3 to 4 am.
    > > My doctor does not detect the cause of my pain. My
    > > question is: could I have an oedema which causes the
    > > problem only in a longer laying position?? Also I
    > > trigger heart pain when I drink a lot of fluid (water).
    > > So I cut down my water intake. So the pain disappeared
    > > during the day but still appears at night as mentioned
    > > before. My age is 36. Before my myocarditis I was well
    > > trained. (endurance sport). What can I do besides ECG
    > > and ultra sound to get a sure diagnosis. Any help is
    > > well appreciated.
    > >
    > > Peter
    >
    > Why the aversion for either an ECG or ultrasound
    > (echocardiogram)?

    Perhaps he has tried those but the results were
    inconclusive.

    Thorsten

    --
    "Nothing in biology makes sense, except in the light of
    evolution"

    (Theodosius Dobzhansky)

  4. Peteyjr

    Peteyjr Guest

    is a Pericarditis causing the symptoms???

    "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]>
    schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:[email protected]...
    > peteyjr wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > after a myocarditis last July I still have pain. The
    > > pain wakes me up
    almost
    > > every morning around 3 to 4 am. My doctor does not
    > > detect the cause of
    my
    > > pain. My question is: could I have an oedema which
    > > causes the problem
    only
    > > in a longer laying position?? Also I trigger heart pain
    > > when I drink a
    lot
    > > of fluid (water). So I cut down my water intake. So the
    > > pain disappeared during the day but still appears at
    > > night as mentioned before. My age is 36. Before my
    > > myocarditis I was well trained. (endurance
    sport).
    > > What can I do besides ECG and ultra sound to get a sure
    > > diagnosis. Any
    help

  5. Thorsten Schier wrote:

    > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" schrieb:
    > >
    > > peteyjr wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > after a myocarditis last July I still have pain. The
    > > > pain wakes me up almost every morning around 3 to 4
    > > > am. My doctor does not detect the cause of my pain. My
    > > > question is: could I have an oedema which causes the
    > > > problem only in a longer laying position?? Also I
    > > > trigger heart pain when I drink a lot of fluid
    > > > (water). So I cut down my water intake. So the pain
    > > > disappeared during the day but still appears at night
    > > > as mentioned before. My age is 36. Before my
    > > > myocarditis I was well trained. (endurance sport).
    > > > What can I do besides ECG and ultra sound to get a
    > > > sure diagnosis. Any help is well appreciated.
    > > >
    > > > Peter
    > >
    > > Why the aversion for either an ECG or ultrasound
    > > (echocardiogram)?
    > >

    > Perhaps he has tried those but the results were
    > inconclusive.
    >
    > Thorsten

    I discern something else.

    Andrew

    --

  6. peteyjr wrote:

    > is a Pericarditis causing the symptoms???

    Pericarditis can cause the symptoms you describe, especially
    if it is becoming "restrictive."

    Would suggest you ask your doctor about possibily
    prescribing a diuretic to help you with your symptoms.

    Andrew

    --

  7. peteyjr wrote:

    > is a Pericarditis causing the symptoms???

    Pericarditis can cause the symptoms you describe, especially
    if it is becoming "restrictive."

    Would suggest you ask your doctor about possibily
    prescribing a diuretic to help you with your symptoms.

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist
    http://www.heartmdphd.com/

    **
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

    What is all this about?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?J2DB148A7

    Is this spam?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

  8. Doe

    Doe Guest

    >Subject: pain at night
    >From: "peteyjr" [email protected]
    >Date: 3/10/2004 3:44 AM Mountain Standard Time
    >
    >Hi,
    >
    >after a myocarditis last July I still have pain. The pain
    >wakes me up almost every morning around 3 to 4 am. My
    >doctor does not detect the cause of my pain. My question
    >is: could I have an oedema which causes the problem only in
    >a longer laying position?? Also I trigger heart pain when I
    >drink a lot of fluid (water). So I cut down my water
    >intake. So the pain disappeared during the day but still
    >appears at night as mentioned before. My age is 36. Before
    >my myocarditis I was well trained. (endurance sport). What
    >can I do besides ECG and ultra sound to get a sure
    >diagnosis. Any help is well appreciated.
    >
    >Peter

    Could be related to blood thickness / viscosity which has
    been shown to .. increase .. in .. the .. morning ..

    http://tinyurl.com/2v26y

    Who loves ya. Tom Jesus Was A Vegetarian!
    http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com Man Is A Herbivore!
    http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/manisaherbivore DEAD
    PEOPLE WALKING