pain at night

Peteyjr

Guest
Hi,

after a myocarditis last July I still have pain. The pain
wakes me up almost every morning around 3 to 4 am. My doctor
does not detect the cause of my pain. My question is: could
I have an oedema which causes the problem only in a longer
laying position?? Also I trigger heart pain when I drink a
lot of fluid (water). So I cut down my water intake. So the
pain disappeared during the day but still appears at night
as mentioned before. My age is 36. Before my myocarditis I
was well trained. (endurance sport). What can I do besides
ECG and ultra sound to get a sure diagnosis. Any help is
well appreciated.

Peter

peteyjr wrote:

> Hi,
>
> after a myocarditis last July I still have pain. The pain
> wakes me up almost every morning around 3 to 4 am. My
> doctor does not detect the cause of my pain. My question
> is: could I have an oedema which causes the problem only
> in a longer laying position?? Also I trigger heart pain
> when I drink a lot of fluid (water). So I cut down my
> water intake. So the pain disappeared during the day but
> still appears at night as mentioned before. My age is 36.
> Before my myocarditis I was well trained. (endurance
> sport). What can I do besides ECG and ultra sound to get a
> sure diagnosis. Any help is well appreciated.
>
> Peter

Why the aversion for either an ECG or ultrasound
(echocardiogram)?

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

**
http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

What is all this about?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?J2DB148A7

Is this spam?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" schrieb:

> peteyjr wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > after a myocarditis last July I still have pain. The
> > pain wakes me up almost every morning around 3 to 4 am.
> > My doctor does not detect the cause of my pain. My
> > question is: could I have an oedema which causes the
> > problem only in a longer laying position?? Also I
> > trigger heart pain when I drink a lot of fluid (water).
> > So I cut down my water intake. So the pain disappeared
> > during the day but still appears at night as mentioned
> > before. My age is 36. Before my myocarditis I was well
> > trained. (endurance sport). What can I do besides ECG
> > and ultra sound to get a sure diagnosis. Any help is
> > well appreciated.
> >
> > Peter
>
> Why the aversion for either an ECG or ultrasound
> (echocardiogram)?

Perhaps he has tried those but the results were
inconclusive.

Thorsten

--
"Nothing in biology makes sense, except in the light of
evolution"

(Theodosius Dobzhansky)

is a Pericarditis causing the symptoms???

"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]>
schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:[email protected]...
> peteyjr wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > after a myocarditis last July I still have pain. The
> > pain wakes me up
almost
> > every morning around 3 to 4 am. My doctor does not
> > detect the cause of
my
> > pain. My question is: could I have an oedema which
> > causes the problem
only
> > in a longer laying position?? Also I trigger heart pain
> > when I drink a
lot
> > of fluid (water). So I cut down my water intake. So the
> > pain disappeared during the day but still appears at
> > night as mentioned before. My age is 36. Before my
> > myocarditis I was well trained. (endurance
sport).
> > What can I do besides ECG and ultra sound to get a sure
> > diagnosis. Any
help

Thorsten Schier wrote:

> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" schrieb:
> >
> > peteyjr wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > after a myocarditis last July I still have pain. The
> > > pain wakes me up almost every morning around 3 to 4
> > > am. My doctor does not detect the cause of my pain. My
> > > question is: could I have an oedema which causes the
> > > problem only in a longer laying position?? Also I
> > > trigger heart pain when I drink a lot of fluid
> > > (water). So I cut down my water intake. So the pain
> > > disappeared during the day but still appears at night
> > > as mentioned before. My age is 36. Before my
> > > myocarditis I was well trained. (endurance sport).
> > > What can I do besides ECG and ultra sound to get a
> > > sure diagnosis. Any help is well appreciated.
> > >
> > > Peter
> >
> > Why the aversion for either an ECG or ultrasound
> > (echocardiogram)?
> >

> Perhaps he has tried those but the results were
> inconclusive.
>
> Thorsten

I discern something else.

Andrew

--

peteyjr wrote:

> is a Pericarditis causing the symptoms???

Pericarditis can cause the symptoms you describe, especially
if it is becoming "restrictive."

Would suggest you ask your doctor about possibily
prescribing a diuretic to help you with your symptoms.

Andrew

--

peteyjr wrote:

> is a Pericarditis causing the symptoms???

Pericarditis can cause the symptoms you describe, especially
if it is becoming "restrictive."

Would suggest you ask your doctor about possibily
prescribing a diuretic to help you with your symptoms.

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com/

**
http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

What is all this about?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?J2DB148A7

Is this spam?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

>Subject: pain at night
>From: "peteyjr" [email protected]
>Date: 3/10/2004 3:44 AM Mountain Standard Time
>
>Hi,
>
>after a myocarditis last July I still have pain. The pain
>wakes me up almost every morning around 3 to 4 am. My
>doctor does not detect the cause of my pain. My question
>is: could I have an oedema which causes the problem only in
>a longer laying position?? Also I trigger heart pain when I
>drink a lot of fluid (water). So I cut down my water
>intake. So the pain disappeared during the day but still
>appears at night as mentioned before. My age is 36. Before
>my myocarditis I was well trained. (endurance sport). What
>can I do besides ECG and ultra sound to get a sure
>diagnosis. Any help is well appreciated.
>
>Peter

Could be related to blood thickness / viscosity which has
been shown to .. increase .. in .. the .. morning ..

http://tinyurl.com/2v26y

Who loves ya. Tom Jesus Was A Vegetarian!
http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com Man Is A Herbivore!
http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/manisaherbivore DEAD
PEOPLE WALKING