Pain below right knee

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Matt M, Sep 14, 2003.

  1. Matt M

    Matt M Guest

    Hi,

    I have a problem where after around 5-10 minutes of running, I get this fairly sharp pain just
    below my right knee. Sometimes it causes me to slow down and walk for a few minutes and others I
    can bear it, then after a minute or two it subsides and I can carry on with the rest of my run with
    no pain at all.

    My initial thought was shin splints, however I thought that this gets progressively worse as you
    run. Also, I'm not in pain at any other time, its just after those first 5-10 minutes and it goes
    away as quickly as it comes on.

    As a bit of background information; I've been running sporadically for a couple of years now,
    initially it was outdoors but as last winter creeped in, so did I. So for the past 6 months, I've
    been using a treadmill at my local gym. At the moment I run just a few miles about 3 - 4 times a
    week, just to keep myself ticking over before I get back outside again.

    Any thoughts as to what this might be?

    Thanks in adavance,

    Matt

    Tags:

  2. Karstdive

    Karstdive Guest

    its called a stress fracture....an mri will let you know for sure....don't run....take it from
    news:[email protected]...