Pain below right knee

Matt M

Guest
Hi,

I have a problem where after around 5-10 minutes of running, I get this fairly sharp pain just
below my right knee. Sometimes it causes me to slow down and walk for a few minutes and others I
can bear it, then after a minute or two it subsides and I can carry on with the rest of my run with
no pain at all.

My initial thought was shin splints, however I thought that this gets progressively worse as you
run. Also, I'm not in pain at any other time, its just after those first 5-10 minutes and it goes
away as quickly as it comes on.

As a bit of background information; I've been running sporadically for a couple of years now,
initially it was outdoors but as last winter creeped in, so did I. So for the past 6 months, I've
been using a treadmill at my local gym. At the moment I run just a few miles about 3 - 4 times a
week, just to keep myself ticking over before I get back outside again.

Any thoughts as to what this might be?

Thanks in adavance,

Matt

its called a stress fracture....an mri will let you know for sure....don't run....take it from
news:[email protected]...