Pain in the back of the leg, help!

dannydigital

Aug 9, 2006
I recently got a new bike and it was fitted for me at the shop, but I think the seat may have been set a little too high for me but I figured that was the way it was supposed to be and just rode it like that... I started getting this pain in the back of my leg around where the calf and hamstring meet, and I can't ride past about 100 meters.

I took about a week off and rode again and the pain is just as strong as when I stopped riding. Has anyone else experienced this, and corrected it? :confused:

Your suspicions are correct, your leg is being over-straightened at the bootom of the pedal stroke. Lower the seat 5mm and it should go away. Stretching may help as well.

dannydigital said:
I recently got a new bike and it was fitted for me at the shop, but I think the seat may have been set a little too high for me but I figured that was the way it was supposed to be and just rode it like that... I started getting this pain in the back of my leg around where the calf and hamstring meet, and I can't ride past about 100 meters.

I took about a week off and rode again and the pain is just as strong as when I stopped riding. Has anyone else experienced this, and corrected it? :confused: