Pain in the butt

BILLYHOLMES

Oct 27, 2005
I had my right hip resurfaced in April 07 (same as Landis) and had no problems – had worse trips to the dentist anyway his year I started to ramp up the miles and everything was going well I was improving in leap and bounds. I also felt that I could really churn the pedals around in a large gear for miles (say two gears higher than normal), this action obviously puts great strain on the hip joint and I found that I started to get a stabbing pain in my right buttock – like I pulled something – idiot. I gave the bike a rest for a few days and returned however, I can still feel it all the time on the bike although I don't push the big gears anymore - I just spin a light gear. I also find that if I bend right over I get the same stabbing pain in the buttock area, sometimes it just aches what do you think this is, is it a ham string, will I ever play the piano again – give it to me doc I can take it!
Regards,
Bill

I had my hip resurfaced in sept 07, I started cycling in about 10 weeks afterwards, and never ever ever had stabbing pain in my right buttocks. You better get something checked bro, that is not normal. I'm not saying it isn't hurting sometimes when I overdue it, like if I overdue the elliptical machine, it just feels tired in the joint, but its just the muscles around it. They do cut your glutues maximus to do the resurfacing, so maybe your muscles didn't heal right where the incision was, and you have massive scar tissue, either way I would get it checked, it is not normal!

jjiam1234 said:
I had my hip resurfaced in sept 07, I started cycling in about 10 weeks afterwards, and never ever ever had stabbing pain in my right buttocks. You better get something checked bro, that is not normal. I'm not saying it isn't hurting sometimes when I overdue it, like if I overdue the elliptical machine, it just feels tired in the joint, but its just the muscles around it. They do cut your glutues maximus to do the resurfacing, so maybe your muscles didn't heal right where the incision was, and you have massive scar tissue, either way I would get it checked, it is not normal!
Thanks and like all good things I am back to normal, must of just pulled something!
Bill.

Thunder often complains of stabbing pains in his ****. Hang on, that is probably a different topic. My bad.