Pain in the...elbow

fatguy78

Mar 5, 2005
I just started riding a couple of weeks ago and I've noticed that my elbows get really stiff and start to become painful after about an hour of riding. I wondered if anyone else has experienced this and if anyone has any advice to remedy the problem. Probly partially due to the super ugly newb riding position i've adopted.

Sir I have a few questions.First of all I would like to know the exact location of the pain in you elbow. Second, does it hurt more the following morning after you ride? Third, do you have a history of "Arthritis"? Well in a broader sense it could be one of the following, Tendinitis, Bursitis or arthritis. If the onset of the pain is less that 24hrs. you can apply an ICE pack for 15min. every hour if possible. In between you can wrap it with an ACE WRAP to help support the soft tissue and help control the inflamation if you have some. Hope this help.

DISCLAIMER: This is just a first aid and if symptom persist consult your doctor.:) Since I havent seen it personaly I am just assuming that it is one of the medical condition I mentioned above. As I said this is only a FIRST AID. Thanks

Thanks for the advice pinoy, very helpful. I hope it's not any of the things that you mentioned though, that would really stink! I don't have arthritis that I know of, probably a little young for that (26 yrs). It actually bothers me mostly right after I get done riding and starts to settle down with in a few hours. I wonder if my stem is too long and maybe I am reaching too far to get to the handlebars?

If your elbows are in a lock postion then this is probally your problem. There should be a slight bend, as if they are acting like a shock.

fatguy78 said:
Thanks for the advice pinoy, very helpful. I hope it's not any of the things that you mentioned though, that would really stink! I don't have arthritis that I know of, probably a little young for that (26 yrs). It actually bothers me mostly right after I get done riding and starts to settle down with in a few hours. I wonder if my stem is too long and maybe I am reaching too far to get to the handlebars?

Bubble King said:
If your elbows are in a lock postion then this is probally your problem. There should be a slight bend, as if they are acting like a shock.

Ditto. I used to have that problem with that when I started riding. For me it was a really intense sting (like a pinched nerve) on the lower back side of my elbow.