Pain under right shoulder blade when hiking/walking

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by John, Nov 18, 2003.

1. John

John Guest

Hello- I develop pain under my right shoulder blade when hiking or walking. Any ideas,
    suggestions or tips?

Thanks,

John

Tags:

2. Walker

Walker Guest

Try walking poles, the ones from carbon fiber. exel,komperdell,leki

walker

"John" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht news:eek:A9ub.3658$%[email protected]...
    > Hello- I develop pain under my right shoulder blade when hiking or walking. Any ideas, suggestions
    > or tips?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > John

3. "John" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:A9ub.3658$%[email protected]...
    > Hello- I develop pain under my right shoulder blade when hiking or walking. Any ideas, suggestions
    > or tips?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > John
    >
    >
    >

I used to have some pain in my neck and shoulder area until I read that keeping the arms at a 90
    degree angle would help swelling. I was having a good bit of swelling. I started holding my arms
    basically the same way you would if you were running, with the same movement. It stopped the
    swelling as well as the neck and shoulder pain. I think for me it had something do do with posture.

Mike

4. John

John Guest

>"Michael Stults" [email protected]

wrote:> I think for
    >me it had something do do with posture.
    >
    >

Words to live by. I've missed most of this thread, but I would start with shoes or inserts then move
    up the body in diagnosis. You mentioned hiking, I assume a pack is not involved.

John