Pain Where Hamsting meets Bone (Biceps Femoris, Long Head )

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by Strumpetto, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Strumpetto

Strumpetto New Member

I've recently developed pain where my hamstring meets the bone above the upper right side of my calf. It seems to have come about as the result of pushing a hard gear up steep terrain, or when I am pushing a hard gear during a TT. I took some time off and only rode twice last week. The problem disapeared, but when I did a tough interval, the pain came right back. Any one experience the same thing? Any suggestions. It's very frustrating, and it's keeping me off the bike. Thanks

Tags:

2. Sillyoldtwit

Sillyoldtwit New Member

Although the following is aimed at runners, I think it could apply to cyclists too.
    Some people advocate training very lightly (as Andy would say - taking the bike for a walk) Others recommend 2 weeks to months of zero activity depending on the severity of the injury.

Btw, never put ice directly on the skin - wrap the ice in a towel.​

Hope you recover soon. Tyson​

3. Spunout

Spunout New Member

Check to see if you do not have IT Friction band syndrome, especially if pain in outide of the knee.

Spin, ice, NSAIDS. Make sure that the strain is in your hamstring, and not in your calf or your IT Band. Check your bike fit.

4. Strumpetto

Strumpetto New Member

Thanks for info. Just read up on IT Friction , and it's likely the culprit. I am probably exerting more force with my right leg than my left, as I am right handed.

I know my bike fit is terrible.

Thanks