Painless procedure for hemorrhoids?????

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Cherylkanepper, Mar 9, 2004.

  1. My mother needs some kind of procedure for hemorrhoids
    that's not painful. Most of what I've heard about procedures
    for this is sounds horrible, either intraop, post op or
    both. Anyone know of anything for her? She's on medicare and
    also wonders if it will pay for second or even third
    opinions. If anyone here knows of a good doctor or of anyone
    who had a painless experience, please reply. We are in
    Phila, PA. Please post on the newgroup or email me. Either
    would be great. Thanks in advance for any anwswers. Sherry

    Tags:

  2. "CHERYLKANEPPER" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > My mother needs some kind of procedure for hemorrhoids
    > that's not painful. Most of what I've heard about
    > procedures for this is sounds horrible,
    either
    > intraop, post op or both. Anyone know of anything for her?
    > She's on
    medicare
    > and also wonders if it will pay for second or even third
    > opinions. If
    anyone
    > here knows of a good doctor or of anyone who had a
    > painless experience,
    please
    > reply. We are in Phila, PA. Please post on the newgroup or
    > email me.
    Either
    > would be great. Thanks in advance for any anwswers. Sherry

    Look at http://tinyurl.com/2af9e .

    There is no painless hemorrhoidectomy, but in some cases PPH
    may represent the least painful option. Look at
    http://www.pphinfo.com/

    HMc

  3. Anon

    Anon Guest

    On 2004-03-09 11:50:03 -0500, [email protected] (CHERYLKANEPPER) said:

    > My mother needs some kind of procedure for hemorrhoids
    > that's not painful. Most of what I've heard about
    > procedures for this is sounds horrible, either intraop,
    > post op or both. Anyone know of anything for her?

    Um...have you asked her doctor? Hemorrhoids rarely require
    any kind of "procedure" to get them to calm down. I'm not
    sure that she's ready for surgery anyway; if she's that
    worried about pain, her hemorrhoids can't be bothering her
    *that* much. ;-)

  4. HMc, I will check out those sites. Don't have time tonight
    but thank you. Sherry

  5. Sounds like those who get surgery are between a rock and a
    hard place. That's terrible in this day and age. :/ She says
    they're just annoyingly painful and dealing with them often
    take up her entire morning. Thanks for your answer. Sherry

  6. And the most any doctor knows about them would be her primary care who would
    only know about her OTC treatments so far. :/

  7. "CHERYLKANEPPER" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > And the most any doctor knows about them would be her
    > primary care who
    would
    > only know about her OTC treatments so far. :/

    The time that's elapsed since the original post and the fact
    that you didn't quote any of them in your posts above makes
    it hard/impossible for anyone to understand what you're
    talking about.

    HMc