paint mending RS Duke Race

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Ole Ledang, Feb 7, 2003.

  1. Ole Ledang

    Ole Ledang Guest

    The paint on my RS Duke Race is pealing off. I think the metal in the lower legs is magnesium. When
    the metal is in the open, what do I do to protect the lower legs from corrosion? Any special tricks
    to paint magnesium? Thanks, Ole

    Tags:

  2. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    "ole ledang" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > The paint on my RS Duke Race is pealing off. I think the metal in the
    lower
    > legs is magnesium. When the metal is in the open, what do I do to protect the lower legs from
    > corrosion? Any special tricks to paint magnesium? Thanks, Ole

    Don't worry about it. It looks lovely as it is.

    Andy Chequer

  3. David Bailey

    David Bailey Guest

    ole ledang <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > The paint on my RS Duke Race is pealing off. I think the metal in the
    lower
    > legs is magnesium. When the metal is in the open, what do I do to protect the lower legs from
    > corrosion? Any special tricks to paint magnesium? Thanks, Ole

    raw magnesium will oxide check it in check

  4. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "ole ledang" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > The paint on my RS Duke Race is pealing off. I think the metal in the lower legs is magnesium.
    > When the metal is in the open, what do I do to protect the lower legs from corrosion? Any special
    > tricks to paint magnesium? Thanks, Ole

    Throw it away and get a Marzocchi.

    JD