paint mending RS Duke Race

Ole Ledang

Guest
The paint on my RS Duke Race is pealing off. I think the metal in the lower legs is magnesium. When
the metal is in the open, what do I do to protect the lower legs from corrosion? Any special tricks
to paint magnesium? Thanks, Ole

"ole ledang" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> The paint on my RS Duke Race is pealing off. I think the metal in the
lower
> legs is magnesium. When the metal is in the open, what do I do to protect the lower legs from
> corrosion? Any special tricks to paint magnesium? Thanks, Ole

Don't worry about it. It looks lovely as it is.

Andy Chequer

ole ledang <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> The paint on my RS Duke Race is pealing off. I think the metal in the
lower
> legs is magnesium. When the metal is in the open, what do I do to protect the lower legs from
> corrosion? Any special tricks to paint magnesium? Thanks, Ole

raw magnesium will oxide check it in check

"ole ledang" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> The paint on my RS Duke Race is pealing off. I think the metal in the lower legs is magnesium.
> When the metal is in the open, what do I do to protect the lower legs from corrosion? Any special
> tricks to paint magnesium? Thanks, Ole

Throw it away and get a Marzocchi.

JD