Painting a uni

James_potter

Guest
Hi,

All my friends have Summit unicycles, and I have a KH20. so
ALLL of our unicycles are orange. I want to paint my frame
so it's not the same as everyone elses. How do you do this?
I've heard about 'powdercoating' a frame, but I don't know
what this is.

Thanks in advance.

--
James_Potter - OFFICIAL POSTER #1078

::-Save Ferris Bueller-::

James_Potter wrote:
> *I've heard about 'powdercoating' a frame, but I don't
> know what this
> is.*

here's the basics of powdercoating a frame:

The frame is stripped of its paint by an oven hot enough to
burn the paint off. Sometimes it's sandblasted, but usually
they burn the paint off. The frame is cleaned and prepped
in a number of solutions, and finally allowed to dry. The
frame is sprayed by a fine electrostatically charged powder
(the electrostatic charge is what makes the powder stick).
It is then put into an oven at about 400 F for 20-25 mins.
When it comes out it has a very durable and sharp looking
new paint job.

The place I work at does powdercoating on lots of their
products so I get to see this done every day.

I'd expect powdercoating a uni frame to cost between $20-$30
but don't quote me on that.

--
toddw9 - No, I'm not a clown.
toddw9's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4466