"Pajero" IS "******" in Spanish.

Flapflapflap

Guest
Hello everyone,

In a topic in this group the Spanish word "pajero"'s equivalence to the
English word "******" was said to b a myth. The basis for this
assertion was the use of Babelfish to try to translate "******" from
English to Spanish. Unfortunately Babelfish is complete rubbish and
will rarely translate anything correctly- it cannot be relied upon.
Babelfish also does not translate profanities. Thus the use of
Babelfish proves nothing.

I have been studying Castilian Spanish (castellano, or what English
speakers KNOW as "Spanish") for eight years now, I have many Spanish
speaking friends and I own several Spanish dictionaries. In a recent
edition of the Oxford English-Spanish Spanish-English bilingual
dictionary, the English word "******" translates to "pajero/a" or
"mamón/a". The use of the term in this way is confirmed by all the
native speakers with whom I have spoken. Hence, a pajero is a ******,
and the Pajero car bears this embarrassing name. I would have to agree
with everyone who says that this name is most accurate

The term derives from "hacer una paja", to "make a straw". It makes
little sense of itself, but is indeed a term. One can see another
example of a strange word having profane significance in the word
"polla" (feminised "chicken", pronounced "pol-ya" or "poyya" or with a
particular soft "j" in Argentina), a profane term for the male
genitals.

By "b" I obviously meant "be". Try typing with an ill fitting ring on
your thumb. :-S

err, no. its based on asking (funnily enuff) SPANISH PEOPLE (their the ones born in spain. duuuhhh).
this has also applied to: Fuego, Aptiva, GeorgeBush and flapflapflap.
run along little trolley-troll

PS fanx for that. i was bored but you have brightened it up for me now

flyingdutch wrote:
> err, no. its based on asking (funnily enuff) SPANISH PEOPLE (their the
> ones born in spain. duuuhhh).
> this has also applied to: Fuego, Aptiva, GeorgeBush and flapflapflap.
> run along little trolley-troll
>
> PS fanx for that. i was bored but you have brightened it up for me now
>

> --
> flyingdutch

The facts are clear. Pajero means "******" in colloquial Spanish. I
have no reason to lie, I really don't care either way. Look up a
comprehensive Spanish dictionary.

flyingdutch wrote:
> err, no. its based on asking (funnily enuff) SPANISH PEOPLE (their the
> ones born in spain. duuuhhh).
> this has also applied to: Fuego, Aptiva, GeorgeBush and flapflapflap.
> run along little trolley-troll
>
> PS fanx for that. i was bored but you have brightened it up for me now
>

> --
> flyingdutch

The facts are clear. Pajero means "******" in colloquial Spanish. I
have no reason to lie, I really don't care either way. Look up a
comprehensive Spanish dictionary.

I seek not only to brighten, but enlighten, with the benefit of years
of study. Spanish is my passion, while your passion is for sniffing
young ladies' bicycle seats. We all have our separate passions.

"Flapflapflap" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> By "b" I obviously meant "be". Try typing with an ill fitting ring on
> your thumb. :-S

Now I know it is cold out.. but as you've shown, sticking your thumb up
there isn't going to help your typing...

cheers,
GPL

Flapflapflap said:
I seek not only to brighten, but enlighten, with the benefit of years
of study. Spanish is my passion, while your passion is for sniffing
young ladies' bicycle seats. We all have our separate passions.

Oh Ed of minnesota(or whatever). your back!

if it were youre passion you'da lived there and know what a dumb urban-myth-made-for-suckers that Pajero-joke is

runalong now...

flyingdutch said:
Oh Ed of minnesota(or whatever). your back!

if it were youre passion you'da lived there and know what a dumb urban-myth-made-for-suckers that Pajero-joke is

runalong now...

Pfff, bloody kitten murderers! :D

It's really fapfapfap, isn't it?

"flyingdutch" wrote in message ...

> Oh Ed of minnesota(or whatever). your back!
>
> if it were youre passion you'da lived there and know what a dumb
> urban-myth-made-for-suckers that Pajero-joke is
>
> runalong now...

Posted from webcache1.itc.griffith.edu.au <-- so either an open proxy, or a
staff/student/something/someone from that Uni :)

cheers,
GPL

GPLama <[email protected]> wrote:
> "flyingdutch" wrote in message ...
>>
>> Oh Ed of minnesota(or whatever). your back!
>>
>> if it were youre passion you'da lived there and know what a dumb
>> urban-myth-made-for-suckers that Pajero-joke is
>>
>> runalong now...
>>

> Posted from webcache1.itc.griffith.edu.au <-- so either an open proxy, or a
> staff/student/something/someone from that Uni :)

Yay, my tax dollars at work..

Wonder if he/she has read the Griffith staff/student IT policy. :)

--
..dt
1996 Diamond Back 'Expert Tg' Roadie (7spd DT shifters, favourite bike!)

"Flapflapflap" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> By "b" I obviously meant "be". Try typing with an ill fitting ring on
> your thumb. :-S

Try using your thumb for pressing any key other than the space bar and
you're in trouble too.

Flapflapflap wrote:
> I seek not only to brighten, but enlighten, with the benefit of years
> of study. Spanish is my passion, while your passion is for sniffing
> young ladies' bicycle seats. We all have our separate passions.

Please excuse him, he's from Barcelona.

Marty

Flapflapflap wrote:

> flyingdutch wrote:
>
>>err, no. its based on asking (funnily enuff) SPANISH PEOPLE (their the
>>ones born in spain. duuuhhh).
>>this has also applied to: Fuego, Aptiva, GeorgeBush and flapflapflap.
>>run along little trolley-troll
>>
>>PS fanx for that. i was bored but you have brightened it up for me now
>>

>>--
>>flyingdutch

> The facts are clear. Pajero means "******" in colloquial Spanish. I
> have no reason to lie, I really don't care either way. Look up a
> comprehensive Spanish dictionary.

You're too late. Someone brought this up about a month ago and we've
been through it all, checked the various facts, spoken to people from
Spain and established it as an urban myth.

Marty

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
<snip>
> if it were youre passion you'da lived there and know what a dumb
> urban-myth-made-for-suckers that Pajero-joke is

I don't think it's a joke. I've heard confirmation from multiple sources
that Pajero does mean ******. The best source was my Spanish teacher who
knew a lot about all the different forms of spanish around the world. She
couldn't believe we drove cars called Pajeros. She seemed to think that the
name came from a particular variety of Spanish (can't remember which) where
it meant something slightly more relevant to what the car maker intended.
The Pajero is called a Montero in most other parts of the world for this
very reason.

Duncan wrote:

> I don't think it's a joke. I've heard confirmation from
> multiple sources that Pajero does mean ******. The best
> source was my Spanish teacher who knew a lot about all the
> different forms of spanish around the world. She couldn't
> believe we drove cars called Pajeros. She seemed to think
> that the name came from a particular variety of Spanish
> (can't remember which) where it meant something slightly more
> relevant to what the car maker intended. The Pajero is called
> a Montero in most other parts of the world for this very
> reason.

This reminds me of the time that **** Computer issued all its
field engineers T-shirts with the slogan "**** cares".
Australian engineers were saved from a fate worse than death
only when local managment rang the US and explained that
Aussies like to run words together.

Can I bring this back on-topic by saying that computers in
Australia run on 50 cycles?

John

Duncan wrote:
> "flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]...
> <snip>
>
>>if it were youre passion you'da lived there and know what a dumb
>>urban-myth-made-for-suckers that Pajero-joke is

> I don't think it's a joke. I've heard confirmation from multiple sources
> that Pajero does mean ******. The best source was my Spanish teacher who
> knew a lot about all the different forms of spanish around the world. She
> couldn't believe we drove cars called Pajeros. She seemed to think that the
> name came from a particular variety of Spanish (can't remember which) where
> it meant something slightly more relevant to what the car maker intended.
> The Pajero is called a Montero in most other parts of the world for this
> very reason.

its also called "shogun" in the UK.

cheers,

kim

Marty <[email protected]> writes:

> Flapflapflap wrote:
>> flyingdutch wrote:
>>
>>>err, no. its based on asking (funnily enuff) SPANISH PEOPLE (their the
>>>ones born in spain. duuuhhh).
>>>this has also applied to: Fuego, Aptiva, GeorgeBush and flapflapflap.
>>>run along little trolley-troll
>>>
>>>PS fanx for that. i was bored but you have brightened it up for me now
>>>

>>>--
>>>flyingdutch

>> The facts are clear. Pajero means "******" in colloquial Spanish. I
>> have no reason to lie, I really don't care either way. Look up a
>> comprehensive Spanish dictionary.
>>

> You're too late. Someone brought this up about a month ago and we've
> been through it all, checked the various facts, spoken to people from
> Spain and established it as an urban myth.

Well unestablish it, and then apologise to the OP.

Collins Spanish Concise Dictionary (1993):

pajero nm (fam!) ****** (fam!), ****** (fam!)

****** n. (Brit fam!) pajero/a m/f (fam!)

Or perhaps you think Collins is in on the conspiracy...

David

--

David Trudgett
http://www.zeta.org.au/~wpower/

The sad fact of the matter is that when you break international law
and start a completely unprovoked war on a sovereign country based on
a pile of lies, and then engage in a brutal occupation murdering and
torturing innocent civilians, everyone is going to be in the
resistance. Not everyone has the ability to fight in the same way, and
the most active fighters may very well be Sunni veterans of Saddam's
army. Blaming the resistance on foreign fighters or Sunni deadenders
is just another in the long series of American lies about Iraq
intended to fit this conflict into the American mythology that
everything the United States does is good, and all its opponents are
bad. This mythology - proven to be a complete lie so many, many times
- is so ingrained into American thinking that even the best
commentators cannot grasp the reality of the ongoing resistance of the
people of Iraq to the evil American oppression. It isn't going to be
psychologically possible for Americans to end the occupation until
Americans start to accept the reality of the fact that they are not
noble liberators but brutal occupiers, and the whole country of Iraq
wants them out, now.

-- Xymphora,
<http://xymphora.blogspot.com/2005/05/mystery-of-iraqi-resistance.html>

I believe it may have been me who introduced this important linguistic issue
to the group a few months ago. My sources are Argentinian and gave me the
story when I was living in the UK. They said that literally pajero had
something to do with straw (the grass type) and their is some colloquial
relationship to the male anatomy in this respect. My source also said that
the meaning is colloquial and varies from place to place, so that not all
spanish speaking places would call a ****** a pajero. In my long search to
vindicate my initial statement to the group (I did a 5 second search for
"Pajero ****** Spanish" on Google), I found the following website which
gives a reasonable sounding description of the word (I hasten to add that I
don't always believe everything I read on the web).
http://chameleon-translations.com/Index-Companies-pajero.shtml

Having said all that, I think it was dave who put it best: "Pajero means
****** in all languages."

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
news:[email protected]...

Flapflapflap wrote:

> I seek not only to brighten, but enlighten, with the benefit of years
> of study. Spanish is my passion, while your passion is for sniffing
> young ladies' bicycle seats. We all have our separate passions.

Is that you Ed Dolan?

Tam