Palpable screw heads in clavicle plate?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by michatrapeze, Feb 4, 2012.

1. michatrapeze

michatrapeze New Member

Plated jan 5th 2012 can feel 2 of the 6 screw heads. Has anyone else had this experience and what did it mean?

Tags:

2. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

It doesn't mean anything. You're probably really lean and thus no body fat to cover the screws, so the ones closest to the surface of the skin can be felt through your lean body. Some screws will be at different heights Take that has a compliment! If you're still not sure and it's been awhile since the doctor who did the work looked at it, then schedule a meeting with him/her and have it analyzed. Personally I think it's OK.

3. michatrapeze

michatrapeze New Member

Thanks for the response! I am pretty lean and it just seemed weird since I can feel all of them but 2 are more raised. I wasnt aware they might be at different heights, I thought they were flush with the plate.

I do have an xray appt tomorrow after calling the surgeon he said to come right in to see if they had shifted which I guess is pretty common. :{
    M

4. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

In most cases feeling orthopedic screw heads means there's not much flesh over the screws. Look at your clavicle. Pinch the skin. See how little flesh there is over the bone? You're going to see your orthpod, and he's the only one that can answer questions accurately and responsibly. Of top things not to do on the internet, one is to not seek medical advice from strangers on an internet forum. When I need medical advice, I see a doctor.

5. michatrapeze

michatrapeze New Member

Oh I get it-not seeking advice per se.
    . I see ortho tomorrow I know bike forum advice/chat is no replacement for that and was looking to hear about others experience. This is all very new to me so it's comforting to connect with others that may have a shared experience.