pan pot ratings question

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by D, Jan 31, 2004.

  1. D

    D Guest

    I've noticed some non stick fry pans say not to use them in the oven, and I'm not talking about the
    plastic or wood handle ones either but all metal. But you can buy non stick cheap baking pans at Wal-
    Mart. What is the deal here? Also some stainless pans are rated at oven safe to 350 degrees? What do
    they melt or something?

    Tags:

  2. Puester

    Puester Guest

    D wrote:

    > I've noticed some non stick fry pans say not to use them in the oven, and I'm not talking about
    > the plastic or wood handle ones either but all metal. But you can buy non stick cheap baking pans
    > at Wal-Mart. What is the deal here? Also some stainless pans are rated at oven safe to 350
    > degrees? What do they melt or something?

    Probably not, but I bet they warp.

    gloria p

  3. -L.

    -L. Guest

    "D" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I've noticed some non stick fry pans say not to use them in the oven, and I'm not talking about
    > the plastic or wood handle ones either but all metal. But you can buy non stick cheap baking pans
    > at Wal-Mart. What is the deal here?

    Different coatings.

    > Also some stainless pans are rated at oven safe to 350 degrees? What do they melt or something?

    Depends on coating. Also above 350, many pans warp.

    -L.

  4. stan

    stan Guest

    D <[email protected]> wrote:
    > I've noticed some non stick fry pans say not to use them in the oven, and I'm not talking about
    > the plastic or wood handle ones either but all metal. But you can buy non stick cheap baking pans
    > at Wal-Mart. What is the deal here? Also some stainless pans are rated at oven safe to 350
    > degrees? What do they melt or something?

    Non-stick baking tray are made with a different manufacturing process than non-stick pots and pans.
    Put a non-stick baking tray next to a non-stick pan and you will see the difference.