panaracer fire xc 2.1 special edition?

k-man

Guest
Hi:

Anyhow know of the difference(s) between the Panaracer Fire XC 2.1 Pro
and the Fire XC 2.1 SE (special edition)? Performancebike.com has both
on sale but I can't tell from their site what the difference is other
than the Pro's got a red sidewall and the SE's got a gray sidewall and
for some reason is listed as being heavier. Same tread pattern for
both. Anyone know?

Link to Pro:
http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?sku=4206

Link to SE:
http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?sku=20785

Thanks.
Kevin

On 22 Jul 2006 19:16:48 -0700, "k-man" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi:
>
>Anyhow know of the difference(s) between the Panaracer Fire XC 2.1 Pro
>and the Fire XC 2.1 SE (special edition)? Performancebike.com has both
>on sale but I can't tell from their site what the difference is other
>than the Pro's got a red sidewall and the SE's got a gray sidewall and
>for some reason is listed as being heavier. Same tread pattern for
>both. Anyone know?
>
>Link to Pro:
>http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?sku=4206
>
>Link to SE:
>http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?sku=20785
>
>Thanks.
>Kevin

The reason the Pro you linked to is lighter is because it is the
folding edition while the SE is a non-folder I'd guess.

Never heard of the SE so don't know whether they do a folding &
non-folding version like they do in the Pro

Both are folding, both offer the same flat protection.

I just spoke with a support guy at PerformanceBike and he didn't know
either.

Oh well. Not that big o' deal, I guess. I'll just pick from either
Red or Grey or maybe I'll just run with a Dart since I've already got a
Panaracer Smoke installed.

Thanks.

Kevin