Panaracer Pasela TourGuard

DRS

Guest
Has anyone any experience with the Panaracer Pasela TourGuard? Apart from
some gripes about them going out of round a few years back they seem to get
generally favourable reviews (which makes a nice change compared to half the
tyres I've been looking at). Not many shops in my area seem to handle
Panaracer, I'm going to have to ring the distributor tomorrow to get a
price.

--

"I'm proud that I live in a country where witnessing two hours of bloody,
barbarous torture in gloating detail is considered indicia of religious

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 20:49:46 +1100, "DRS" <[email protected]>
wrote in message <[email protected]>:

>Has anyone any experience with the Panaracer Pasela TourGuard?

We use them on our family triplet No visits from the p*nct*r* fairy
yet in 1,200 miles, and not noticeably worn. Some minor sidewall
cracks but nothing alarming. On the whole, a satisfactory tyre.

--
Guy
===

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Has anyone any experience with the Panaracer Pasela TourGuard? Apart from
> some gripes about them going out of round a few years back they seem to get
> generally favourable reviews (which makes a nice change compared to half the
> tyres I've been looking at). Not many shops in my area seem to handle
> Panaracer, I'm going to have to ring the distributor tomorrow to get a
> price.

I've got a pair of 700X35 TourGards on my Lemond Poprad and like them
a lot. They wear very well, are flat-resistant, and ride comfortably
with 70/75 psi fr/rr. They wouldn't be my first choice for doing a lot
of hard cornering, but for recreational riding and touring, they're a
good choice.
Smokey

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 20:49:46 +1100, DRS wrote:

> Has anyone any experience with the Panaracer Pasela TourGuard? Apart from
> some gripes about them going out of round a few years back they seem to
> get generally favourable reviews (which makes a nice change compared to
> half the tyres I've been looking at). Not many shops in my area seem to
> handle Panaracer, I'm going to have to ring the distributor tomorrow to
> get a price.

I bought a pair of them and used them for a couple thousand km over 2-3
years. Fast enough tires, only one flat that I remember.
They never really wore out, but finally became very dry and cracked.
I replaced one before leaving for a 2-week loaded trip, and kept the
second one that looked less cracked. Bad mistake: On the first afternoon,
with 75 psi and heavy load, it started bulging and that was it.

Jacques

DRS <[email protected]> wrote in message
[email protected]

Feh. I just had a chat to the local Panaracer distributor and not only do
they have no Pasela Tourguards in stock they haven't had for the past two
years. I'm stunned that virtually nobody in this neck of the woods is even
aware of what has to be a top three pick in its bracket. So now I have to
wonder if it's worth shipping a set of folding ones in from the States
myself or change tack completely.