Panaracer Trailblaster tubeless

Fred

Guest
Panaracer Trailblaster tubeless: Anyone know anything about these tyres?
Tubeless for a bicycle is news to me. Do they require a special rim, or how
do they seal? Any comments welcome.

Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

> Panaracer Trailblaster tubeless: Anyone know anything about these tyres?
> Tubeless for a bicycle is news to me. Do they require a special rim, or how
> do they seal? Any comments welcome.

Generally speaking, yes you need a special. *However* you can simply
seal the spoke holes yourself (you'll have to google how yourself) with
sealant and a thick rubber rim strip. Whether that works well or not, I don't
personally know.

What exactly are you hoping to get out of using these? They seem like quite a
bit of trouble for marginal benefits.

--
Dane Buson - [email protected]
Grand Master Turing once dreamed that he was a machine. When he awoke he exclaimed:

"Dane Buson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> Panaracer Trailblaster tubeless: Anyone know anything about these
>> tyres?
>> Tubeless for a bicycle is news to me. Do they require a special rim, or
>> how
>> do they seal? Any comments welcome.

> Generally speaking, yes you need a special. *However* you can simply
> seal the spoke holes yourself (you'll have to google how yourself) with
> sealant and a thick rubber rim strip. Whether that works well or not, I
> don't
> personally know.
>
> What exactly are you hoping to get out of using these? They seem like
> quite a
> bit of trouble for marginal benefits.

I was just curious, as I had never heard of them until recently. But surely
if the tyres and rims were properly developed the benefits would be major
rather than marginal. It's a whole lot harder to puncture a tyre than a
tube. It's also a long long time since cars carried a tyre pump and spare
tubes everywhere they went.