Pancakes for breakfast

J

Jmcquown

I have some buttermilk left over from making cornbread. I also have some Bisquick baking mix. Using
my new Lodge pre-seasoned skillet I shall prepare pancakes (sans bunny -some of you know what that
means! - if you want to know, email me.)

I have maple syrup and I do love maple syrup. But I think this morning I shall use pure cane syrup
instead. I rarely treat myself to something this sweet... the bunny made me do it!

Jill

jmcquown wrote:

> I have some buttermilk left over from making cornbread. I also have some Bisquick baking mix.
> Using my new Lodge pre-seasoned skillet I shall prepare pancakes (sans bunny -some of you know
> what that means! - if you want to know, email me.)
>
> I have maple syrup and I do love maple syrup. But I think this morning I shall use pure cane syrup
> instead. I rarely treat myself to something this sweet... the bunny made me do it!

I hate the thought of wasting good buttermilk on Bisquick. A cup of flour along with a teaspoon of
sugar, teaspoon of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and baking soda, and egg and a few
tablespoons of oil or melted butter would give you the real McCoy. And of course it would be a shame
not to use real maple syrup on them.

Dave Smith <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

>
>
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> I have some buttermilk left over from making cornbread. I also have some Bisquick baking mix.
>> Using my new Lodge pre-seasoned skillet I shall prepare pancakes (sans bunny -some of you know
>> what that means!
>> - if you want to know, email me.)
>>
>> I have maple syrup and I do love maple syrup. But I think this morning I shall use pure cane
>> syrup instead. I rarely treat myself to something this sweet... the bunny made me do it!
>
> I hate the thought of wasting good buttermilk on Bisquick. A cup of flour along with a teaspoon of
> sugar, teaspoon of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and baking soda, and egg and a few
> tablespoons of oil or melted butter would give you the real McCoy. And of course it would be a
> shame not to use real maple syrup on them.
>
>
>

Instead of the norm...a syrup of some sort. Try thinking of the pancake as a thick crape. And spread
some fruit compost/preserves on them and roll them up. Of course you might need to make larger
diameter pancakes but I believe it to be worth the effort.

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.
--------
FIELDS, W. C.

"hahabogus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Dave Smith <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
>
> >
> >
> > jmcquown wrote:
> >
> >> I have some buttermilk left over from making cornbread. I also have some Bisquick baking mix.
> >> Using my new Lodge pre-seasoned skillet I shall prepare pancakes (sans bunny -some of you know
> >> what that means!
> >> - if you want to know, email me.)
> >>
> >> I have maple syrup and I do love maple syrup. But I think this morning I shall use pure cane
> >> syrup instead. I rarely treat myself to something this sweet... the bunny made me do it!
> >
> > I hate the thought of wasting good buttermilk on Bisquick. A cup of flour along with a teaspoon
> > of sugar, teaspoon of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and baking soda, and egg and a
> > few tablespoons of oil or melted butter would give you the real McCoy. And of course it would be
> > a shame not to use real maple syrup on them.
> >
> >
> >
>
> Instead of the norm...a syrup of some sort. Try thinking of the pancake as a thick crape. And
> spread some fruit compost/preserves on them and roll them up. Of course you might need to make
> larger diameter pancakes but I believe it to be worth the effort.
>
I love pancakes this way. They work out best if you add an extra egg and a tablespoon or two extra
of milk, Mix well and let sit for five minutes to set-up and achieve proper consistency.

Dave Smith wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> I have some buttermilk left over from making cornbread. I also have some Bisquick baking mix.
> I hate the thought of wasting good buttermilk on Bisquick. A cup of flour

You are assuming I have the appropriate amounts of flour... I haven't been to the grocery store in
a while :)

Jill

hahabogus wrote:
> Dave Smith <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
>
>>
>>
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> I have some buttermilk left over from making cornbread. I also have some Bisquick baking mix.
>>> Using my new Lodge pre-seasoned skillet I shall prepare pancakes (sans bunny -some of you know
>>> what that means! - if you want to know, email me.)
>>>
>>> I have maple syrup and I do love maple syrup. But I think this morning I shall use pure cane
>>> syrup instead.

>> I hate the thought of wasting good buttermilk on Bisquick. A cup of flour

(snip)
>>
> Instead of the norm...a syrup of some sort. Try thinking of the pancake as a thick crape. And
> spread some fruit compost/preserves on them and roll them up. Of course you might need to make
> larger diameter pancakes but I believe it to be worth the effort.

Silly you... when I make crepes they are always the savory kind and 8 inches in diameter to be
filled. I like to fill them with cooked cubed chicken and (yes!) sauteed with mushrooms and cover
them with a white wine cream sauce and then bake them. The crepes you speak of are for dessert, not
what I want for my breakfast. But thanks for thinking of me ;o)

Jill

jmcquown wrote:

> Dave Smith wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:
> >
> >> I have some buttermilk left over from making cornbread. I also have some Bisquick baking mix.
> > I hate the thought of wasting good buttermilk on Bisquick. A cup of flour
>
> You are assuming I have the appropriate amounts of flour... I haven't been to the grocery store in
> a while :)

Silly me. I had assumed that anyone who participates in a cooking forum would have such as staple
ingredient on hand :)

Dave Smith wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Dave Smith wrote:
>>> jmcquown wrote:
>>>
>>>> I have some buttermilk left over from making cornbread. I also have some Bisquick baking mix.
>>> I hate the thought of wasting good buttermilk on Bisquick. A cup of flour
>>
>> You are assuming I have the appropriate amounts of flour... I haven't been to the grocery store
>> in a while :)
>
> Silly me. I had assumed that anyone who participates in a cooking forum would have such as staple
> ingredient on hand :)

You'd normally be correct except that I got lazy and didn't bother to replenish the staples. I
wasn't planning to make pancakes... that's something I rarely do. I do have enough flour to say,
make a roux. Guess I'd better go to the store, huh?

Jill

jmcquown wrote:

> Dave Smith wrote:
> > Silly me. I had assumed that anyone who participates in a cooking forum would have such as
> > staple ingredient on hand :)
> You'd normally be correct except that I got lazy and didn't bother to replenish the staples. I
> wasn't planning to make pancakes... that's something I rarely do. I do have enough flour to say,
> make a roux. Guess I'd better go to the store, huh?

Say friends, wouldn't all those staples make for a heavy batter? I couldn't pass that one up. I had
leftover spanish rice absolutely covered with a couple of those mozzarella cheese stick thingys.
High protein and no caffiene. Edrena

"jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have some buttermilk left over from making cornbread. I also have some Bisquick baking mix.
> Using my new Lodge pre-seasoned skillet I shall prepare pancakes (sans bunny -some of you know
> what that means! - if you want to know, email me.)
>
> I have maple syrup and I do love maple syrup. But I think this morning I shall use pure cane syrup
> instead. I rarely treat myself to something
this
> sweet... the bunny made me do it!
>
> Jill had 3 waffles from Trader Joe's this morning at 1:00 am when I got home
from work...w/maple syrup & unsalted butter....good snack before bedtime.. harriet & critters

"jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I have some buttermilk left over from making cornbread. I also have some Bisquick baking mix. Using
>my new Lodge pre-seasoned skillet I shall prepare pancakes (sans bunny -some of you know what that
>means! - if you want to know, email me.)
>
>I have maple syrup and I do love maple syrup. But I think this morning I shall use pure cane syrup
>instead. I rarely treat myself to something this sweet... the bunny made me do it!
>
>Jill
>

Did the rabbit die?
--
Susan N.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.