pancakes today

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by serene, Dec 29, 2005.

  1. serene

    serene Guest

    Definitely a hippychick kind of morning. The texture on these turned
    out better than I expected (I'm out of all-purpose flour), with a
    lightness that was more than I believed would come out, but they're
    definitely whole-wheat, substantial, ya know?

    Whole-wheat pancakes

    1 cup whole-wheat flour
    2 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp sugar
    dash salt

    1 cup plus 1 T water
    1 egg
    1 T oil, plus a little more oil for frying

    Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the wet ingredients and stir
    until incorporated. Fry in a little oil in a skillet. If desired,
    keep warm in a 200F oven (I covered them with a clean, dampened
    towel).

    serene

    Tags:

  2. serene

    serene Guest

    On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 09:43:18 -0800, serene <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Definitely a hippychick kind of morning. The texture on these turned
    >out better than I expected (I'm out of all-purpose flour), with a
    >lightness that was more than I believed would come out, but they're
    >definitely whole-wheat, substantial, ya know?
    >
    >Whole-wheat pancakes
    >
    >1 cup whole-wheat flour
    >2 tsp baking powder
    >1 tsp sugar
    >dash salt
    >
    >1 cup plus 1 T water

    Oops! I just checked my notes, and it was 3/4 cups plus 1 T of water.
    I misremembered.