pannier help needed

TrekCyclerChic

Dec 13, 2004
Ok, so I've been looking at a gazillion different panniers and such, and the ranges of quality, rpice, size, material, functionality (i think that's a real word) is amazing.

The duration of the ride that i will need panniers for is about 6 weeks, (end july to first week of september) biking from Milwaukee to Key West. So mostly ligter, warm weather gear... need to bring tent, sleeping bag, clothing, food. We will most likely have a regular vehicle replace the RV for this portion to, for just in case items.

should I get both front and back, or go for larger rear packs? How much size do I really need for my stuff? (another rider is bringing trailer which will hold some food and "shared" equiptment)

any oppinions are greatly appreciated,a s I am completely overwhelmed by all the infomation and variety of panniers. however better a lot to choose from than just a few.

thanks

D

For this one, you may want to consider posting to the "Touring and Recreational Cycling" forum of this website, too. There may be people who lurk there who--for whatever reason--choose not to lurk here....