panniers

Stratton

Guest
advice please does anybody know if it is possible to fit panniers on to a full sus MTB, would prefer
rear but front would do at a push.

MTIA chris

stratton wrote:
> advice please does anybody know if it is possible to fit panniers on to a full sus MTB, would
> prefer rear but front would do at a push.

If you get a seatpost mounting rack then probably. Of course, you're a bit snookered as regards
supporting the rack from underneath so don't expect it to work quite as solidly as a normal rack,
but they do exist and people do use them. Also note that Carradice's Limpet system is designed for
sus forks, so you can use those on the front. They also do SQR (Seatpost Quick Release) bags which
look pretty nifty. Less capacity than a pair of standard rears but if they'll take what you want to
carry probably a good route to follow.

See http://www.carradice.co.uk/ for Limpet and SQR details.

Pete.
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

On Tue, 27 May 2003 08:11:55 +0100, "stratton" <[email protected]> in
<[email protected]> wrote:

>advice please does anybody know if it is possible to fit panniers on to a full sus MTB, would
>prefer rear but front would do at a push.

One - Nil to the roadies :)

Love and hugs from Rich x

--
Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
the @ sign

> One - Nil to the roadies :)

This is no place for gloating.

hehe

stratton wrote:
> advice please does anybody know if it is possible to fit panniers on to a full sus MTB, would
> prefer rear but front would do at a push.
>
> MTIA chris

I recently used Carradice Limpets for 2 months round New Zealand, fitted to a Trek 6500, with no
problems. No idea about rear panniers with full suspension though.

Cheers

Pete