panniers

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Stratton, May 27, 2003.

  1. Stratton

    Stratton Guest

    advice please does anybody know if it is possible to fit panniers on to a full sus MTB, would prefer
    rear but front would do at a push.

    MTIA chris

    Tags:

  2. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    stratton wrote:
    > advice please does anybody know if it is possible to fit panniers on to a full sus MTB, would
    > prefer rear but front would do at a push.

    If you get a seatpost mounting rack then probably. Of course, you're a bit snookered as regards
    supporting the rack from underneath so don't expect it to work quite as solidly as a normal rack,
    but they do exist and people do use them. Also note that Carradice's Limpet system is designed for
    sus forks, so you can use those on the front. They also do SQR (Seatpost Quick Release) bags which
    look pretty nifty. Less capacity than a pair of standard rears but if they'll take what you want to
    carry probably a good route to follow.

    See http://www.carradice.co.uk/ for Limpet and SQR details.

    Pete.
    http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  3. On Tue, 27 May 2003 08:11:55 +0100, "stratton" <[email protected]> in
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >advice please does anybody know if it is possible to fit panniers on to a full sus MTB, would
    >prefer rear but front would do at a push.

    One - Nil to the roadies :)

    Love and hugs from Rich x

    --
    Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
    the @ sign

  4. Simononon

    Simononon Guest

    > One - Nil to the roadies :)

    This is no place for gloating.

    hehe

  5. Gjg

    Gjg Guest

    stratton wrote:
    > advice please does anybody know if it is possible to fit panniers on to a full sus MTB, would
    > prefer rear but front would do at a push.
    >
    > MTIA chris

    I recently used Carradice Limpets for 2 months round New Zealand, fitted to a Trek 6500, with no
    problems. No idea about rear panniers with full suspension though.

    Cheers

    Pete