Pantani Dead

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Sam Salt, Feb 14, 2004.

  1. Sam Salt

    Sam Salt Guest

    Tags:

  2. I was cycling in the Alps with friends years ago and we waited near the top of the Col d'Izoard to
    see the Giro on its way up. Up first was Pantani with a Columbian. It was his first rise to
    prominence. I have photos of him. Next was Andy Hampsten with someone else and later a group of
    which I have 2 photos, with Moreno Argentin, Berzin, Miguel and Claudio Chiapucci.

    Poor old Marco..

    Now you see the evil of drugs in sport.

  3. Dan Gregory

    Dan Gregory Guest

    "Gearoid O Laoi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > I was cycling in the Alps with friends years ago and we waited near the
    top
    > of the Col d'Izoard to see the Giro on its way up. Up first was Pantani with a Columbian. It was
    > his first rise to
    prominence.
    > I have photos of him.
    I was just a few yards away on the Col de Peyrsourde in the freezing fog when he attacked to take
    the stage later on. An unbelievable sight. A sad end indeed.

  4. Terry

    Terry Guest

    > Poor old Marco..
    >
    > Now you see the evil of drugs in sport.