Pantani Dead

I was cycling in the Alps with friends years ago and we waited near the top of the Col d'Izoard to
see the Giro on its way up. Up first was Pantani with a Columbian. It was his first rise to
prominence. I have photos of him. Next was Andy Hampsten with someone else and later a group of
which I have 2 photos, with Moreno Argentin, Berzin, Miguel and Claudio Chiapucci.

Poor old Marco..

Now you see the evil of drugs in sport.

"Gearoid O Laoi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I was cycling in the Alps with friends years ago and we waited near the
top
> of the Col d'Izoard to see the Giro on its way up. Up first was Pantani with a Columbian. It was
> his first rise to
prominence.
> I have photos of him.
I was just a few yards away on the Col de Peyrsourde in the freezing fog when he attacked to take
the stage later on. An unbelievable sight. A sad end indeed.

> Poor old Marco..
>
> Now you see the evil of drugs in sport.

Ah! but was he wearing a helmet?

TerryJ