Pantani for TdF with Bianchi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve McGinty

http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/20030527_233403Dev.html

Pantani at Bianchi?

The former winner of the Tour de France, the Italian Marco Pantani, announced on Tuesday that he
could leave Mercatone Uno to join Bianchi and thus to take part in next Grande Loop.

"I would adore to take part once again in the Td F. It would be an honour for me and I would like to
see how I would be able to deal with Lance Armstrong ", Pantani said during the second rest day of
the Tour of Italy.

"My team Mercatone Uno not having been invited, the only way of riding is to join another team. I
never had problems with Jan Ullrich, I have close contacts with Bianchi and my current team is not
opposed to the transfer. I could thus take part in the Turn of France with Bianchi."

Regards! Stephen

On Belgium teletext Rudi Pevenage was quoted saying that Pantani was the last thing on their minds,
all their attention is on getting the current team ready for the Tour. So propably just an attempt
from Pantani to get some attention.

"Steve McGinty" <stephenmcginty@ntlworld_DOT_.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> From:
>
> http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/20030527_233403Dev.html
>
> Pantani at Bianchi?
>
> The former winner of the Tour de France, the Italian Marco Pantani, announced on Tuesday that he
> could leave Mercatone Uno to join Bianchi and thus to take part in next Grande Loop.
>
> "I would adore to take part once again in the Td F. It would be an honour for me and I would like
> to see how I would be able to deal with Lance Armstrong ", Pantani said during the second rest day
> of the Tour of Italy.
>
> "My team Mercatone Uno not having been invited, the only way of riding is to join another team. I
> never had problems with Jan Ullrich, I have close contacts with Bianchi and my current team is not
> opposed to the transfer. I could thus take part in the Turn of France with Bianchi."
>
>
> Regards! Stephen

I would not trust that 2-faced EPO infested dago on my team. He would stab Jan in the back in any
mountain stage Jan was in great difficulty. Probally would swap **** samples and get the young
'kraut in trouble.

Jan is a near-great champion whom I hope is in top form this July so we finally get to see a
good race.

"Ronald" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> On Belgium teletext Rudi Pevenage was quoted saying that Pantani was the last thing on their
> minds, all their attention is on getting the current team ready for the Tour. So propably just an
> attempt from Pantani to get some attention.
>
> "Steve McGinty" <stephenmcginty@ntlworld_DOT_.com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > From:
> >
> > http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/20030527_233403Dev.html
> >
> > Pantani at Bianchi?
> >
> > The former winner of the Tour de France, the Italian Marco Pantani, announced on Tuesday that he
> > could leave Mercatone Uno to join Bianchi and thus to take part in next Grande Loop.
> >
> > "I would adore to take part once again in the Td F. It would be an honour for me and I would
> > like to see how I would be able to deal with Lance Armstrong ", Pantani said during the second
> > rest day of the Tour of Italy.
> >
> > "My team Mercatone Uno not having been invited, the only way of riding is to join another team.
> > I never had problems with Jan Ullrich, I have close contacts with Bianchi and my current team is
> > not opposed to the transfer. I could thus take part in the Turn of France with Bianchi."
> >
> >
> > Regards! Stephen

"Steve McGinty" <@4ax.com...
> From:
>
>
> Pantani at Bianchi?
>
> The former winner of the Tour de France, the Italian Marco Pantani, announced on Tuesday that he
> could leave Mercatone Uno to join Bianchi and thus to take part in next Grande Loop.

Let's hope this turns out to be true, and that LANCE beats him by 10+ minutes.

>
> "I would adore to take part once again in the Td F. It would be an honour for me and I would like
> to see how I would be able to deal with Lance Armstrong ", Pantani said during the second rest day
> of the Tour of Italy. ...

Who do you think you're shitting? If there is one thing that Marco is, it's a team player. Hell,
just the other day he dragged Garzelli up the mountains just because he owed him one. If it was time
to support Ullrich there couldn't be a more loyal teammate and racer.

"Roger Ramjet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> I would not trust that 2-faced EPO infested dago on my team. He
would stab
> Jan in the back in any mountain stage Jan was in great difficulty.
Probally
> would swap **** samples and get the young 'kraut in trouble.
>
> Jan is a near-great champion whom I hope is in top form this July
so we
> finally get to see a good race.
>
>
> "Ronald" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On Belgium teletext Rudi Pevenage was quoted saying that Pantani
was the
> > last thing on their minds, all their attention is on getting the
current
> > team ready for the Tour. So propably just an attempt from Pantani
to get
> > some attention.
> >
> > "Steve McGinty" <stephenmcginty@ntlworld_DOT_.com> wrote in
> > > From:
> > >
> > > http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/20030527_233403Dev.html
> > >
> > > Pantani at Bianchi?
> > >
> > > The former winner of the Tour de France, the Italian Marco
Pantani,
> > > announced on Tuesday that he could leave Mercatone Uno to join
Bianchi
> > > and thus to take part in next Grande Loop.
> > >
> > > "I would adore to take part once again in the Td F. It would be
an
> > > honour for me and I would like to see how I would be able to
deal with
> > > Lance Armstrong ", Pantani said during the second rest day of
the Tour
> > > of Italy.
> > >
> > > "My team Mercatone Uno not having been invited, the only way of
riding
> > > is to join another team. I never had problems with Jan Ullrich,
I have
> > > close contacts with Bianchi and my current team is not opposed
to the
> > > transfer. I could thus take part in the Turn of France with
Bianchi."
> > >
> > >
> > > Regards! Stephen
> >
> >

"Steve McGinty" <stephenmcginty@ntlworld_DOT_.com> wrote in message
> From:
>
>
> Pantani at Bianchi?
>
>
> of the Tour of Italy.
>
> "My team Mercatone Uno not having been invited, the only way of riding is to join another team. I
> never had problems with Jan Ullrich, I have close contacts with Bianchi and my current team is not
> opposed to the transfer. I could thus take part in the Turn of France with Bianchi."
>
>
> Regards! Stephen

In all fairness, there's a part of the quote missing:

"Il romagnolo ha spiegato che, dopo la fine del Giro d'Italia, incontrerà i suoi sponsor per
verificare concretamente che la mossa sia attuabile."

Translated: [Pantani] explained that after the Giro, he will meet with his sponsors to determine
concretely if the move is [doable].

So, he's not saying it's a done-deal.

Scott-

Status
Not open for further replies.