Pantani's Ears



Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richard Bates

Guest
Noticed in a newspaper pinned above a urinal today that Pantani has had his ears flatenned by
surgery to make him more aerodynamic.

I thought it was so amusing I nearly missed the pot!

--
Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
the @ sign
 
S

Steve McGinty

Guest
On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 18:35:47 +0000, Richard Bates
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Noticed in a newspaper pinned above a urinal today that Pantani has had his ears flatenned by
>surgery to make him more aerodynamic.
>
>I thought it was so amusing I nearly missed the pot!

Ewoud posted this link to the pics in another NG

http://www.radsportnews.com/images/pantani2003ohren.jpg

up there with Museeuw's "hair"

Cheers! Stephen
 
J

John B

Guest
Steve McGinty wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 18:35:47 +0000, Richard Bates
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Noticed in a newspaper pinned above a urinal today that Pantani has had his ears flatenned by
> >surgery to make him more aerodynamic.
> >
> >I thought it was so amusing I nearly missed the pot!
>
> Ewoud posted this link to the pics in another NG
>
> http://www.radsportnews.com/images/pantani2003ohren.jpg
>
> up there with Museeuw's "hair"
>

I thought this was a real wind-up until I read this:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/cycling/news/2003/02/15/pantani_ears/

Extract: "ASTI, Italy (Reuters) -- Former Tour de France winner Marco Pantani has undergone cosmetic
surgery to pin back the large earlobes that earned him the nickname "Dumbo" as he aims to make a
comeback this year with his new team.

Pantani, who is currently suspended, unveiled his new look while still wearing bandages on his
right ear at the official presentation of his new Mercatone Uno-Scanavino team in Asti, near Milan,
on Saturday.

Pantani described his ear operation as "a minor act of physical violence which symbolizes having the
serenity to look at myself in the mirror and being ready to make changes in his life."

His ears had inspired American rival and four-times Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong to call
him Dumbo after the Walt Disney cartoon elephant." <ends>

So we won't be seeing Pantani 'flying' up the mountains again then ;-)

Not that he could without assistance from dru....

John B
 
C

Colin Blackburn

Guest
In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> Noticed in a newspaper pinned above a urinal today that Pantani has had his ears flatenned by
> surgery to make him more aerodynamic.

Ears are never going to be *that* aerodynamic. It would be better to have the external ear removed
altogether and a small amplifier inserted flush into the hole to make up for the consequent
hearing loss.

Colin
 
M

Mr [email protected] \ -Lsqco

Guest
In news:[email protected], Richard Bates
<[email protected]> typed:
> Noticed in a newspaper pinned above a urinal today that Pantani has had his ears flatenned by
> surgery to make him more aerodynamic.
>
> I thought it was so amusing I nearly missed the pot!

Last year one of the cycling mags (I think it was Cycling Weekly) [1] reported that following
placing a picture of Pantani on the cover (in yellow cycling gear), they received a letter from
Sacha Baron-Cohen's lawyers, complaining that they had used an unauthorised picture of *Ali G*

It could be a joke - but it seemed so bizzare ( and I could see how from a distance the mistake
could be made) that I guess it is probably true

Alex
[1] I don't normally buy the mag but there were a load of back issues formerly in the reception of
one of the buildings I work at - which no-one was reading and they were "making the place look
untidy". So a few words with the security guards and they were mine ;)
 
S

Steve McGinty

Guest
>Alex
>[1] I don't normally buy the mag but there were a load of back issues formerly in the reception of
> one of the buildings I work at - which no-one was reading and they were "making the place look
> untidy". So a few words with the security guards and they were mine ;)
>
It doesn't make you a bad person. Tip - sometimes it's easier to blame a "friend" - as in "I don't
normally buy The S*n but a friend had a copy and........"

Cheers! Stephen
 
Status
Not open for further replies.