Pantour Hubs on both?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by bentcruiser, Mar 15, 2004.

  1. bentcruiser

    bentcruiser New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003
    Does anyone use Pantour Hubs on the front and the back? Or is the front just the critical one on an SWB?

    Tags:

  2. Mark Leuck

    Mark Leuck Guest

    "bentcruiser" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone use Pantour Hubs on the front and the back? Or
    > is the front just the critical one on an SWB?

    I don't have either but from what I've read here those hubs
    have problems if used on the back

  3. I have Pantours on the front and back of my P-38 and am very
    happy with the results. There were some theething troubles
    with the 1st design, but the company was very good in
    following up on my problem. And there has been no
    re0occurrance.

  4. Rob

    Rob Guest

    I had Pantour hubs front and back. My bike is a SWB and I
    found both helped taking the edge out of the bumps. My rear
    hub did not stand up for more than 3 months, however the
    Pantour was very good to deal with. Pantour replaced the
    rear hub once, and it still didn't last. The front hub
    worked for about 9 months and recently the bearings went; I
    ride in the rain a lot, (we just went through our rainy
    season; We don't get snow, just rain) and being the that
    hubs are not sealed caused the problem.

    I no longer have either "bentcruiser"